Pattern change digitone and a4 from octatrack

not possible, which is really a bummer

Back to pattern changing: i have been confused by the lag in pattern change in the past, but for me, was always a problem with pattern lengths.
Basically, the DT and DN will always play the pattern to the end before changing. So for example:
If you have other boxes running patterns with 16steps, and a 64 step beat running on your DN, then if you pattern change anytime before the 49th step, your other boxes will pattern change while your DN will keep going with the same pattern until its finished and then change. I think this design choice actually makes sense if you can only have one changing behaviour (ideally, like in the bigger boxes you can toggle between different behaviours).
For me, i have two strategies:
1: not have all the tracks the same length, BUT only make pattern changes in intervals corresponding to the longest pattern on the DT or DN, so if youbhave a 64step sequence on the DN running, only make patterchanges in intervals of 64
2. A workaround is to make the patternchange, then superquickly hit stop then play on the master box right on the last step where you want the change to happen. If you have the rythm right and do it fast, you should be able to force all boxes to change.

makes sense in theory . ill give it another shot

Bummer. Means I can’t superimpose a 6/8 pattern on, say, the A4 vs a 4/4 beat on the OT

Yep.
If A4 had individual track patterns alongside the master scale, that would probably solve the problem.
Now that would be a killer OS update

I just tried sending notes from OT to the AK and added Trigless Locks and it didn’t work.
I was so sure I used that technique about a year ago…strange^^

Have you tried with the Digitone, yet?

Strangly I could hold down a Trigless Lock and force the locked parameter on the whole sequence as long as I held down the Trig Button containing the Trigless Lock.

For instance I locked the filter cutoff to 63 on one Trigless Lock and 34 on another. While the sequence from the OT was playing, I could make the filter cutoff jump to 63 or 34 by holding down the Trig Button, that has the value locked.

Could be useful as a performance tool.

I tried this weekend: OT sequencing DN via MIDI and DN with parameter locks works perfectly (red trigs, not tried with yellow).

but how did you make the note silent then on the DN? if you place a red trig, the DN will play the sound from its own seq. you might have recorded the notes send from the octa to the DN

Damn, it´s true, today I´ll try with yellow trigs.

But I didn´t record the notes from the OT to the DN, I only inserted a trig manually, only the wrong trig.

Ok, so I shifted the A4 to be the master (A4->DT->DN) and from those two points I made above, #2 actually does not seem to work!! There is something strange going on there indeed. It does work, if you hit stop twice (??) and then play… For me, #1 still seems to work fine though.

I‘m pretty sure sending notes from the OT to the AK and the AK only having Trigless Locks in the sequencer used to work. Dunno why it didn‘t work when I tried last time…
I was so excited when I tried that for the first time, I mean I could use the arp from the OT and also do retrigger over midi and still use the AK‘s sequencer for modulation! How cool is that?
I posted in three or four forums that day, so, yeah, pretty sure it worked…^^

Hmm…Maybe the AK was master, have to check that later!

Definitively it works with trigless locks, yellow trigs or whatever they call.

Its a shame that Elektron still hasn´t fixed the pattern change problem.

I recently opened a ticket but Elektron support doesn´t bother to answer my question regarding this topic. Pushing the developement of the next synth with a bugged OS seems to be higher on their priority list.

I’m sorry but the trigless locks don’t work when you sequence it externally.

I’m still having the problem with the sync loss when changing patterns from the OT, any news?

I’m using a bank for each song and programming the pattern changes with the arranger, most of them with same length, but not always.

It has to be the master length? Or the ch.length? Same scale? I use scale dividers to sequence the DN from the OT…

It’s a real pain!

You have to have master length set the same on each device… Can’t use inf on DN or higher than the OT. Also Change length doesn’t work when using multiple devices changing together

Thanks, I’ll test later.