Parameter Locking Without Retriggering Loop

Hey friends! So I was watching some late night OT videos while waiting for mine in the mail and saw one that I can’t re-find. In the video, someone had a loop with only one trigger at the beginning of the first of four measures. He was placing parameter locks on some steps to affect filter and pitch, etc, but the parameter locks were not re-starting the loop. Maybe I was high or didn’t fully understand what I was watching, but is there a way to do this on the OT?

Trigless Lock or Trigless Trig? pp66

1 Like

trigless lock i believe

Yes. Try it when you’ll receive your OT!
You can use trigless trigs or trigless locks.
Trigless locks don’t retrigger lfos nor fx envelopes.

1 Like

Oh… I’m sorry @amojica I missed that bit!

• Trigs (Red): Trig Machines, LFOs and FX envelopes
  • Trigless Locks (Dark Green): Do not trig Machines, LFOs or FX envelopes.
  • Trigless Trigs (Light Green): Do not trig Machines. Do trig LFOs or FX envelopes.
2 Likes

What Rusty said but I would add in order for the trigless trigs to trig FX you need to set the behavior at the amp setup page of all places.

3 Likes

Yep, in Amp Setup (double tap amp button) you can set the behaviour auf the amp envelope as well as the behaviour of the multi mode filter and amp modulator (found in the LOFI effect).

ANLG will not necessarily make the envelope start from zero once a sample is being trigged. Instead, when a sample is trigged the envelope attack will start from the current envelope level.
RTRG will make the amplitude envelope start from zero every time a sample is being trigged. • R+T will make the amplitude envelope start from zero every time a sample trig or a trigless trig is activated by the sequencer.
TTRG will not necessarily make the envelope start from zero once a sample trig or a trigless trig is activated by the sequencer. Instead, when a sample or a trigless trig is activated the envelope attack will start from the current envelope level.

FX1 controls how the envelope will affect the multi mode filter or the amplitude modulator when either of these effects are assigned to effect block 1.
ANLG will, if the multi mode filter is assigned to effect 1, not necessarily make the filter envelope start from zero once a sample trig is being trigged. Instead, the filter envelope attack will start from the current envelope level. If the amplitude modulator is assigned to effect 1 the phase will be restarted each time a sample trig is trigged. • RTRG will, if the multi mode filter is assigned to effect 1, make the filter envelope start from zero every time a sample trig is being trigged. If the amplitude modulator is assigned to effect 1 the phase will be restarted each time a sample trig is trigged. • R+T will, if the multi mode filter is assigned to effect 1, make the filter envelope start from zero every time a sample trig or a trigless trig is activated by the sequencer. If the amplitude modulator is assigned to effect 1 the phase will be restarted each time a sample trig or a trigless trig is being activated. • TTRG will, if the multi mode filter is assigned to effect 1, not necessarily make the filter envelope start from zero once a sample trig or a trigless trig is activated by the sequencer. Instead, the filter envelope attack will start from the current envelope level. If the amplitude modulator is assigned to effect 1 the phase will be restarted each time a sample trig or a trigless trig is being activated.
(Page 69/70 OT Mk1 pdf manual)

2 Likes