Pan on track does not affect on preset lock sound (bug?)

Hi all! I could not found a description for this problem, so I think it’s a bug of my device only. or not?

Here is the problem:
I want to output sound separately by channel, for example kick to the left channel - chords to the right channel. And it works, as long as I don’t load preset lock. The sound loaded in preset lock does not react to the panorama settings of the track, and sounds centered, although of course reverb and delay are turned off for this preset. Other sounds on the track sound exactly according to the panorama settings, but not preset lock, it is always centered.

At the same time machine locks works correctly.

I also have Model Samples - and there is no such problem. Has anyone ever had this problem and is there a solution?
Thanks!

User mcsleepy answer to me on reddit:
Pan is stored in presets on the Model:Cycles. Unfortunately.
I think it was done this way because there is no way to p-lock pan. So if they changed the behavior of presets it might have to go hand-in-hand with pan p-locking, but it’s unclear how that should work since it would at the moment require 3 hands.

But you would expect the behaviour to be the same on model:samples though, wouldn’t you ? And you’ve found that’s not the case ?

Yes, MS behavior is different, there panorama works on sample lock. probably because MS doesn’t have a function to save info to sample, while cycles saves track pan settings to preset for some reason.

I think it’s a bug, I want to write to electron tech support.

1 Like