Pairing Elektron gear with Akai Force

Hi everyone. Owner of Akai Force and fairly new to music creation, I would really like to add some Elektron depth to my setup. Budget is probably around 1200€ but I’m lost as to which would best pair with my Force. I already have drums, samples, sequencing and synth but a lot less deep than what Elektron can provide. I was thinking about a digitone +digitakt but not sure if this makes sense. I love the FM sound but scared I’m missing out on the A4 analogitude and functionality. Any thoughts or advice?

Hi dougie,

I have a MPC1, Digitone & A4. I would say that buying a Digitakt would be redundand with the Force as it wouldn’t bring much new to the table. I personally don’t like the AKAI synth plugins so I would recommend too getting an A4 or Digitone.
You can also create analogish sounds with the DN, however A4 will be a bit more lively imho. Overall, I think, the DN sound pallette is broader than the A4s but the A4 is definitely more analgue sounding. Both do sound great imo though I have been tinkering with the A4 a bit more.

Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers