Pad Synthesis

Hi guy,

I need a create a Dark Pad on my A4 like this

I Know that this sound need a Long Attack, Long Release, Reverb Etc…
But that does not make good an deep sound.

Maybe Filtered White Noise Filtered ?

Maybe Sampled pad ?

I think i missed something on the way.

My idea would be made ​​to evolve a pad throughout a track during a live but a little research it really makes not much .

Thx for your futur reply. <3

I think I can hear at least 3 different sounds fading in and out, try layering a sine (filtered triangle) for the sub part, a filtered noise and maybe a square with a hi pass filter for that shimmer on top. Give them different attack/decay times and play around with different LFOs on the volume to fade them in/out.

Maybe try unison and 4 note polyphonic but with ‘track sounds’ or whatever the option is called selected. So that all 4 tracks play at same time when you hit a note. Get 4 paddish sounds, 1 on each track. Each with different timbres and envelope times etc and movement. Then set up performance macros to use to additionally vary the level of each track sound and other stuff. Something I keep meaning to try but haven’t got round to it yet. In theory could get a lot of movement and subtle/strong variation happening…

1 Like

Yeah thanks for your help, I had not thought to use multi track !

Thanks Again!

i am pretty sure there is a low pitched, filtered reversed and reverbed open hihat in there (time streched too) hard to make on the a4, but would suggest a low bpm if nothing works

Thanks. I try this and give a report there !

Try using reverb with long decay time, then disable “TO MAIN” switch in VOICE ROUTING for voice(s) of your pad (in Global Settings menu). This will use reverb in WET only mode, which can be useful for creating some deep sounds like pads etc.

1 Like

Yeahh Nice tips ! Thanks you !