Pad sensitivity problem M:S - T1-T6

New product which I’ve just started to try out, watching True Cuckoo’s Mega Tutorial.

The T1-T6 pads are very non-responsive. I have a solid level desk beneath, and have to hit unhealthy hard to trig the pads despite this.
The T1 is somewhat more stubborn than the other ones.
The noise of hitting the physical pads masks the weak sample(kick drum of Factory preset Let It Swing A16 TR1) sound - using DT990 headphones with 2i4 interface.
The kick is by default velocity 127. And the pattern plays nice at set main volume.
When hitting even and hard(too hard in my opinion) repeatedly the pad register vel 40 to 50. One single very hard hit rendered 90.

This can’t be right, not fun, not musical, and I guess that the circuitboard won’t live long with this. And it’s disturbing.
Ironically, I also chose the rubber pads of the Models over Digis’ clicky buttons to avoid disturbing sleeping family members at night.
When set to fixed vel 127 things work, I can push rather than hit the T-buttons. Though, it would be nice to effortlessly in a musical way mimic what Cuckoo did in his tutorial.

This is not my first “drum machine”. I have a Zoom RT-123 and a DR660.

Hate to spoil the party, really want to like the product, honestly, but this is not cool.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: M:S pads not sensitive enough