P locking program change in octatrack

Bought a squarp pyramid. Problem solved
But I now realize that I don’t soundlock as much as I thought I would

2 Likes

01110101101 but 0110110110 !
Otherwise 0101010101110010101.

Ok 805A7H !

You mean p-lock like in Ot? (Soundlocks)
I read you about Event Processor. Mapping velocity is actually possible… or I misunderstood?
Easy to solve Ot’s PC problems with it I think.

I tried with the event processor but the sounds would not switch fast enough and I got glitches (worked perfect on the machinedrum though) so I gave up on it. The pyramid really rocks. Can’t stand configuring and experimenting instead of making music…

I works perfectly for me, sending Pcs before notes. Pyramid, looks very interesting. Os is better and better.

You mention that the settings, presumably including the MIDI Note Setup settings (CHAN, BANK, PROG) are shared for every pattern in a bank. What I am seeing is that they are shared for every pattern in every bank in a project.

Are you really able to have separate MIDI Note Setup values for each of the patterns in the 16 banks? If so, can you please explain how you set this up?

For me, if I make a change to a MIDI track’s MIDI Note Setup, that change is made to all patterns in all banks. :frowning:

In fact, the settings for the tracks are stored in Parts. To have different MIDI track Note Setup values for another pattern, that pattern needs to be linked to a different Part.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. :slight_smile:

I understand that to be true for Parts. I was trying to see if it was also true that different Banks could hold different MIDI Note Setup values because I have read in several places that that is the case, but I wasn’t having any luck getting that to work… until just now!

I was trying it with the MIDI Note Setup screen OPEN, and found that it did not work but I just discovered that so long as the MIDI Note Setup screen is CLOSED, that it is in fact true that you can have different MIDI Note Setup values for each of the 16 banks in the OT!

I believe a better implementation would have been to allow a different MIDI Note Setup for each pattern, however with the way it is, you can have 64 different programs per MIDI track in a project. (16 banks x 4 parts = 64) We just have to live with the limitation that within any one bank you can only have 4 programs. It is limiting, but workable for me.

Yep, it should work that way since by definition a pattern in a different bank belongs to a different part since each bank has four parts.

Ahhh. Yes, that makes sense. I see that now on the Overview of the Octatrack Structure graphic on page 9 of the manual now too. Thanks!

1 Like

The Stucture Overview is not very clear for midi I think.