Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

I’d rather see the present order then.

Oh yeah, in many different ways actually.

You have the random perform screen, the LFOs, we plan to add motion recording on vel as well and if that were little you have a global offset control so you can perform over real time automation, affecting all steps individually.

For me pressure sensitive pads appealing is aftertouch always.
I get more dynamic patterns by automating velocity with the tools above.

Ah, velocity is linked to the amplitude of our AD envelopes on the cv outputs.

4 Likes

Would you please elaborate?

Present order is Record - Stop - Play right?
I think play and stop should be next to each other.

Anyway maybe it’s not that important and I’m sure you guys know what’s best for the Oxi One workflow.

I’m surprised, given the amount of time sequencers have been around, that a standard has not emerged.

A sample few.

3 Likes

Interesting, I hadn’t ever thought about a tc standard layout…
A few more examples to add to the confusion

1010music/arturia/Akai/oxi all follow a similar rec/stop/play layout.

3 Likes

That’s why I’m suggesting to stick to, if any at all, the Elektron order of the buttons since it will at least make good memorizing sense to the many users who are backing here :grinning:

1 Like

Dooooope! We get free carrying cases now too :grinning:

2 Likes

I think it is my vintage, being used to cassette four tracks that required strong fingers to depress play and rec together on machines with them beside each other, as they were mechanical spring loaded buttons needing a bit of oomph: that’s my old muscle memory bias!

I’m fine with the transport buttons if they must stay as they are and it’s interesting that there is no standard across modern manufacturers.

4 Likes

Nice to see the pipe socket goal up now (250K), a very clever and really useful add-on if you are in to CV. As of today there are only 96 single units left to sell at the 24% discounted price.

I suspect they will all be taken before the end of the campaign (especially as there won’t be another batch for a while and the number wont be increased according to the Developers!)

1 Like

What do you guys think about this Tap-Tempo button? Is it so important that it must be available on the first level? Or would be a second level function (shift+X) be sufficient?

3 Likes

Maybe Shift and Tap Tempo could even be the same button. (With the caveat that only when you tap the Shift button at least 3 times would the tap tempo come into effect - to prevent accidentally changing the tempo if only 2 taps were needed).

2 Likes

Yeah I personally never use tap tempo since I just set it manually and only jam with electronic musicians. Surely most people will use it in electronic music so direct access to tempo change should be first level IMO.

1 Like

Loopop seems to be enjoying his prototype :smiley:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/COqkxsbhbvM/?igshid=1h0seezwzn8ct

5 Likes

can’t wait to pair Oxi with Pyramid :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve been filming most of my test sessions with the Oxi one and have been flirting with the idea of adding a little notation and uploading more edits as time goes on. This is the first of a growing batch of video files that I had set aside for that purpose.
Oxi / MM2 / blackbox = endless fun.

6 Likes

Please keep the videos coming! They’ll help hold me over until I get my hands on one (hopefully) later this year.

1 Like

apologies if you laid this out clearly elsewhere, but does the oXiOne have a mode like the tip top circadian sequencer where one can switch between horizontal and vertical mode and thus subdivide steps in between (lets say) 16th notes easily?

2 Likes

I wasn’t familiar with the tiptop circadian until now… just watched a quick tutorial/review.
It looks like everything that’s there is covered in a single Oxi multitrack type sequencer (8 mono tracks in one view, up to 128 steps per track, unique start/end positions & direction & tempo division per track). It’s not layed out vertically like in circadian, but it’s looking like it covers all the other bases, plus some, and then you have 3 more sequencers to play with on top of that😻.
With the different sequencer types in Oxi, there are several ways to approach sequencing, I think it’s fair to say that it’s the most flexible and adaptable piece of kit that I own… so you can kinda approach it however you want.

Will do! Much more ambitious stuff happening recently…

more to come on that…

5 Likes