Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

Almost took the plunge there. But I remain firm in my belief that this is awesome and I don’t need it.

3 Likes

But the chord follow and all the randomization features are calling out your name!!
Hmmm…
What if I told you that you can play ‘snake’ on Oxi? (Y’all remember the snake game from old Nokia cell phones?)
How will the oxi fellas implement ’circuitghost mode’ into oxi if you don’t get one and make the suggestion?
How will we ever know what circuitghost mode would have been?
Just playing…
You’re making beautiful music either way @circuitghost.

1 Like

Thank you :pray: :heart:

I’m very much a live player and composer, so
those random modes and harmonizer stuff, they’re lost on me.

My dream sequencer is the momome grid only, no norns attached, with the Deluge workflow.

No idea how that’d work in practice. But I’d get one either way :blush:

However, the Oxi seems very cool. I’m following with interest and certainly wish @CarlosUnch and his mates nothing but the best.

2 Likes

Cirklonization :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

damn, it’s the perfect pair for MC-707, which has pong :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Funny thing is, Loopop compares the Oxi to Deluge in the Pros and Cons section of his video.

1 Like

Once we have the large production chain running, the time between batches should be reduced. We plan to be present on retailers of course.

2 Likes

I’m pushing for battle pong across two oxi via ble.
And Tetris.
And any other Atari era hit that might be worth while…

Suggestions welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

i posted Loopop’s video to a couple of facebook groups, and noticed that quite a lot of people are interested how Oxi compares to Deluge sequencer.
i think some in-depth comparison would be useful, but can’t help with that, because i have neither of these two.

multiplayer mode for collaborative projects.

people could spend their time on stage more productively than just pretending to do something with their gear :smile:

4 Likes

Oooh yea I’m instantly in love with this idea.

1 Like

I like this too.

Gadget on Nintendo Switch has a multiplayer mode. Can’t let that scene have all the multiplayer fun.

1 Like

Midi Maze from the Atari ST via Ble…

1 Like

For convenience, the stretch goals

4 Likes

Just want to give an idea of some stuff that has been added after the first VIP reservations happened a couple of moths ago:

• HARMONIZER mode
  • Keyboard with CHORD triggering, Mutes, solos, Rolls, etc
  • BLUETOOTH dual role CENTRAL+Peripheral (only peripheral was planned)
  • 32 MODULATION LANES RECORDING
  • 128 STEPS length sequences
  • Random to SKIP (skip per step ignores the timing of the step making the seq shorter, and skip can be randomized to have variable length seqs each loop. This is a fav of mine.
  • LOGIC TRIGGERS ( A | B style triggering)
  • Up to 32 MIDI Channels (2 USB virtual ports and 2 MIDI ports OXI Split)
  • Enriched ARRANGER mode with progress bars, 16 SONGS per project and clip launch
6 Likes

Have to say I’m a bit concerned about the prospect of adding velocity sensitivity. That doesn’t seem like the sort of thing that just gets tacked on at the end.

1 Like

Neither did the microfreaks vocoder….

Just saying, if I’ve learned anything, it’s that you’re never safe in assuming that the oxi dudes aren’t on their thug $#;t :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, we’re talking about units that have not been manufactured yet. It’s not like they plan to rip open existing units and somehow retrofit them.

I for one am willing to consider that their design for the Oxi already accounts for pressure sensitivity ( the Indiegogo says pressure, not velocity ) if the goal is met, but also accounts for pressure sensitivity not being there if the goal isn’t met. I doubt they’re going to go “oh crap, the goal was met - emergency meeting to redesign!”

1 Like

The email they sent out today says the stretch goal is to add velocity and pressure sensitivity to all the pads, not just pressure…

Who knows, they may be able to go MPE!

1 Like

A 128 pad velocity sensitive device could be a first in synth world yes? I quite like the idea of OXI One. May look into acquiring one when things mature later.

Deluge took a no. of years to become the product known to us today. Obvious differences would be its synth engine, a built-in small speaker, battery powered and other good stuff but it also comes in a different price bracket. Comparatively, the Launch and Audit rows stand out giving the Deluge superior ergonomics and potential. Anything software-wise, could theoretically be done by either device.