Overlooked new features of Digitakt II

So the Digitakt II has sooo many updates, there are a few that are going under the radar. So I figured I would make a thread where we could all discuss our favorite new features that aren’t getting as much hype compared to the headlining new features. So here are a few of mine:

Pattern Volume: having a separate volume control for the overall pattern in the mixer and compressor is so incredibly useful for balancing levels between patterns.

Compressor Routing and Sidechain source: Letting you select which tracks get sent to the compressor and which tracks are analyzed for the compression finally lets you do real sidechain compression.

Modulation Matrix: Letting you route modulation sources for velocity is so useful. I love using my beat step pro to get velocity pads for Elektron gear, and letting you set things like envelope decay for velocity makes doing things like getting lots of hi hat variation very easy.

What are some of y’all’s favorite features that you feel like aren’t as obvious?

1 Like

The function+mute thing inherited from the OT. I love that for performance.

2 Likes

I don’t have it yet. Supposedly early next week from Vintage King but…I’m excited about

Auto previewing samples and the random name generator :+1:t4:

The AR has the name generator and it’s a god send for me

2 Likes