Overlay for the Cycles

Hey, just to say “thank you” for posting this, I had no idea they existed, and exactly what I wanted for low light work. Ordered, and appreciated ! :smiley:

3 Likes

As promised here are some photos of my overlays install after receiving them today. Very easy process to install, one took more took more fiddling than the other to get properly aligned but probably a user error.

I think they look pretty good

4 Likes

My Tokyo overlay came in the mail yesterday:

I like how the pop of white contrasts the rather drab grey tone of the M:C.
“Ties the room together” with the M:S a bit more.

Also, here is the updated Schofield (knob caps are high as i was just trying it out, will use as a backup or gift to a friend). A big improvement over the V1 green seq schofield. (But I still prefer the Tokyo)

Mine don’t have the white & black key :disappointed_relieved:

Yea designs were updated.

I requested no keyboard keys on my Samples though, as I have many samples that are oddly transposed.

1 Like

That’s also what i think, no need for the sample :smirk:

Just got my Model:Cycles overlay, and I have to say it looks fantastic. Really helpful for remembering what does what. The only negative I can find was the customs charge (£14.81 to the UK, ouch!), but that’s UK customs for you, nothing to do with the product itself.
High quality print and cut, and a doddle to fit. And if you order the “top” reminder strip too, the columns align perfectly with the knobs they relate to, nice touch.
If I could suggest one minor improvement, it would be another semi-sticky pad just above the display area, as being thin this is slightly prone to curvature. However, putting a light weight on mine overnight cured its initial tendency to lift a millimetre, so no complaints.
In conclusion, it looks the business and does the job it was intended for, and I’ll probably get into the :Cycles much faster as a result, thank you !
Happy customer :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I’d quite like one but the price of the overlay + customs I think is too much for what it is.

2 Likes

Hi, love your setup. where did you buy the stand?

Thanks!!

Heh … I wish I could get only the keyboard. :slight_smile:

Same here… :frowning:

Me too, I’d like only the keyboard, but I’ve just seen this one, it seems more respectful with the original design from elektron, for me it’s colorless and I prefer

3 Likes

And the labelling brings more important details.

1 Like

I sent him a message and he seemingly “custom made” a Model:Cycles overlay with no keys for me. I posted pics in a separate thread before I saw this one :flushed:

1 Like

Just got this overlay from oversynth.com. Not affiliated etc just a happy customer. Had to ask for a model:cycles without piano keys but he was happy to do it so bonus points! The larger font helps my failing up-close vision and the cheat sheet helps my failing memory.

1 Like

Love the setup

I think you mean Oversynth.com

2 Likes

Fixed, thanks. And thank you for moving my posts to the right places, should have looked around first.

1 Like