Overlapping Trigs

I have been searching for the answer to this question in the forum and found small parts of the answer. What I want seems very simple, finding the setup is proving difficult…for me anyway.

I just want the sample to overlap as it loops on itself. So for example I have a sample that runs 28 beats, this is what I want, I hope that this makes sense.

[X] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07] [08] [09] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] (1st bar)
1-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
[X] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07] [08] [09] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] (2nd bar)
1-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

What I do not want is below:

[X] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07] [08] [09] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16]
1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

[X] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07] [08] [09] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16]
-0 1------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Basically I want one-shots that auto-arm themselves. I guess? I don’t know how to set up the “auto-arming”.

Please correct me if I’m not understanding, this is kind of vague. If you want a sample to ‘overlap’ (so it would be playing through, and starting a new one during that playback). It would need two channels. Second bar would simply trigger the loop to play again on a separate track.

You want polyphony, i.e. more than 1 voice, so as each track is always a single voice you’ll have to use workarounds of some description, but what you want, as described, is not possible within one track … your starter workaround would be to record those 2 bars to another loop and play that sample

2 Likes

I apologize, the formatting rearranged the diagram and made it more confusing that it already is. :slight_smile:

Bummer :unamused: Thanks for the info. I’ll stop wasting my time trying to figure it out.

If you just want this for a particular loop and don’t need to do it all the time you could use two tracks and resample into one track and then go back to just one track using the new sample…

1 Like