Overhub Power Supply... Cmon now

Guys… Let’s be real. The lack of Overhub powersupply is RIDICULOUS. Not only does it not come with one, it has the most HARD TO FIND specs of any power supply one can find.

I’m aware there are two different Overhub units out there (for whatever reason). Each has a slightly different power supply. The one with the red lettering is 5 VDC 3 A and the one with the white lettering is 5 VDC 4 A (3.5x1.35 mm center pin positive). Go ahead and copy and paste those specs into Google and see what pops up. Nothing.

Supposedly the Overhub can operate with no power if powered units are connected (I have the analog rytm mk ii and the digitone). Fine, except that I routinely get messages from the Overbridge engine that the connection between it and one of the units has been lost. I didn’t have this problem when I directly connected each unit to a USB port on my PC. So, my assumption is that maybe it’s a power issue. Except no power supply exists with these exact specs.

Beyond frustrated about this. Anybody found a solution?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Overhub PSU?

topic already exists

our guidelines aren’t hard to find …

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

the search is also easy to find

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=overdub%20psu

the point being that elektronauts is not gearslutz - ps you don’t need overdub for those devices, it’s just an ordinary hub that has ordinary but harder to find features which allow an easier time with mk1 OB devices

and whilst a spec may advocate 4A (or whatever it is) that is just in anticipation of a worst case scenario - there’s no way the device needs 4A, it’s whether the sum total of the attached devices needs more than you have that’s the issue - 4A would give Elektron comfort room as it doesn’t need much explanation on those aspects - anyway - take this advice as a thought and do your own due diligence on selecting a safe power supply

please take the time to look through those guidelines to get a feel for the (tidy) vibe which works here

1 Like