Overhub/Overbridge Issue

For me, yes - it’s been working fine since the 1.1 update. I still use it with USB2 connector rather USB3 because of initial issues I had with it, don’t know if that’s necessary, but if it ain’t broke…

1 Like

So overhub working fine and giving all i/o for 2+ overbridge devices in ob 1.15?

Thinking about buying one now since I have my AH. I will need an USB hub anyway to sort out USB cable lenght issues, so might as well go with the overhub in case I end up buying more ob enabled gear in the future.

It seems to be OK in my setup - A4, AR, AH. I also run my Komplete Kontrol S61 through it.

2 Likes

Am I to understand that having multiple Electron devices (in this case, the Digitakt and Digitone) connected to the Elektron Overhub is not supported??? Currently, when I do this on my macOS 10.14.6 system and use one of them as the system audio output, the audio will stop after some minutes and I have to disconnect/power-off one of the devices (for example, when using the Digitone as the system audio output, I have to turn off the Digitakt and then audio starts playing again). I can leave the Digitone running on the Overhub (plus a bunch of other things) without any problems—the problem only happens when I add a second Overbridge device to the hub. Anyone else experiencing this? Overbridge version 2.0.19.2 beta, Digitakt firmware 1.11, Digitone firmware 1.21.

That functionality IS supported by OB.

Then I guess it’s a bug. As described: If I have both the Digitakt 1.11 and Digitone 1.21 connected to the Overhub which is then connected to my MacBook Air 11 running macOS 10.14.2 with Overbridge 2.0.19.2 beta, I can use the Digitone as the system audio output for a short while until audio suddenly stops (often after only a few minutes). The devices still appear in the audio output drop-down menu (clicking on the Speaker icon in the toolbar), but the audio simple appears to not be streaming anymore. This does not happen if I have only one of the devices connected/powered-on—in that case, audio output works very reliably. I can reproduce this same issue with a different USB 3.0 hub, but I’m rather surprised it happens as well with Elektron’s own Overhub.

For isolation have you tried having them both hooked up, but to different USB ports? And without hubs hooked up?

Well, it’s not an issue with the Overhub hardware? That likely has well enough throughput, the bug would be in the drivers and/or firmware.

I was previously using AH+Digitone+Rytm on the same hub on pc with no issues, I’ve got the latest Mojave updates and will try the Heat + Digitone together, but I use my Babyface for the main outs, not Elektron boxes.

I broke my overhub :frowning:

When I put the tie on the back cable I heard a crack, and that was it.

Now I know what others meant about the connector being flimsy. Side to side it’s fine, but any pressure on the top or bottom can cause problems.

What is a good alternative to overhub? It was working great too.

Edit - Just found this thread: Good USB hubs? (Now that OB has been out for a minute)

Best regards,

Gino