Overhub just died.. what should I get

Hi,
The newer version needs a 5 V 4A PSU (the old imho only 5 V 3 A) if you want to power it not only using USB 3.0

1 Like

See my pictures. Different printing, different voltage for the power supply needed. 4A instead of 3A, which probably is caused by a different circuit board design. I guess some older parts were not available anymore or something like that.
My 2016 version would still work, but clumsy as I am, I broke the back USB port plus the cable while recabling the whole thing. :crazy_face:

thanks @RytmMASCHINE & @plusn

could not see the printing - the picture is upside down :upside_down_face:
My neck hurts now :laughing:

No, the printing is wrong… :yum:

1 Like

:rofl:

Inside:
New one:

Old one:

1 Like

Interesting, Elektron replace the old USB3.0 Driver with GL3520 (on a seperate Pcb Carrier) from GENESYS, but unfortunately not the HOST Connector.
A missed opportunity.

Thanks for the Pictures @plusn

Edit: The new ones use a Driver from FRESCO Logic, not the GENESYS Types.

Strange - was curious to look inside my Overhub. On my PCB, the GENOSYS Driver was not mounted on a seperate Pcb Carrier.

1 Like

A USB-C one would be great.

1 Like

Btw. I’m pretty sure the Ampere rating doesn’t mean this is the power the hub needs but rather the maximum total power the hub can forward to the devices connected. I had trouble finding a 5V 3A adapter and the 2A adapter I did find works totally fine to power a harddisk connected to Overhub. 4A is a LOT.

EDIT: second the wish for a USB-C version.

1 Like