Overhub Issues

welp, my Overhub bit the dust. Power wasn’t steady. Tried removing and re-insterting the micro-USB port fell off into the hub. same issue as many others.

I see the Overhub available now uses white lettering instead of red. Anyone know if these new ones have better build quality?

Mine also just bit the dust after falling over during some cable checks for Transfer.

I swapped back to a cheap MacAlly one and it seems to be doing fine.

Anybody have any good USB 3.0 Hub replacements (for my Maschine / Elektron Machines)

The Overhub is utterly crap - mine broke within a month and I didn’t even touch the damn thing. Connection snapped off the board and my soldering skills don’t appear to fix it

Amy recommendations would be highly appreciated as my 2018 Mac Mini is maxed out of USB ports

On to my 3rd Overhub today. The same issue as with my previous one.

The solder on the on the main USB connection failing and it falling inside the unit.

New one is a Rev 2, with PSU info finally and hopefully better soldering

I was in the market for a USB hub and googled that phrase. Overhub came up. Totally reminded me I have one.

Yea. It doesn’t work anymore.

Is the general consensus here that Overhub would be fantastic if the USB port was stronger? I was thinking about picking one up, but I’m not trying to spend $70ish on something that’s gonna break with lots of travel and moving around.

I don’t know about consensus here but personally I think Overhub is shit. Never did work properly on my computers. First one died on me for no reason and the other one never game me the promised bandwidth.

Any proper USB-hub with Multi TT technology so you don’t run into bandwith problems is likely very much cheaper and probably also comes with a power supply. I’ve got a 7 port USB 2.0 HUB from Lindy and it’s a dream, it just works.

I wouldn’t pick one up as it seems to be a common problem and therefore a design flaw.

FWIW, I’ve been using this powered 7 port 3.0 hub for over a year without issue. I have OB devices midi devices, and usb 3.0 SSDs on it,

It has a pair of GL3520 chipsets in it for the multi-tt functionality. It also uses a stronger full sized 3.0 A plug on the unit, for connecting to the computer, and not the extended 3.0 micro-b plug that I’ve found to be problematic on just about any device that features it.

2 Likes

Oh nice. Ok. I have one of the Genky ones I just got. It’s good, but the ports are in stupid places. Yours looks like it would be easier to move around with the power/input ports on the back.

It’s pretty ideal. And I put a scotch interlocking fastener strip on the bottom to keep it in the same place on my desk and keep it from tipping over from the various cables plugged into it. Really no complaints.

1 Like

My USB Host port also just fell apart.
How can we notify the world not to buy this shit ?!