Overbridge/ usb-audio cpu-usage frustration

hey there!
a few weeks ago i got my rytm, since then i just practiced and learned. beside a few beginner problems everything was smooth.
so yesterday i felt ready to actually use it in a whole song. i opened a track where i wanted to change the drums anyway and then the horror began…
first the rytm didnt get any notes from push, or at least it didnt play it, because the corresponding lights were blinking, but no sound. the first thought was that maybe some preferences from the rytm have been changed, but everything was as it should (as the whole time before).

then i started to play with the buffer size in live and overbridge and WOHOO: suddenly it played a few notes from the whole sequence, but only one sound after every few beats and after the sound sounded correct a few times there were always a few complete distorted tones in between.

so i deleted most of the tracks (the song has about 90 tracks) and then, but only then, it worked.

i restarted my computer (an i7-3770K overclocked to 4Ghz, 32 GB Ram, only SSD drives and a Apoggee Symphony I/O) then it was a bit better, but still every few notes the sound was completely distorted.

i changed the USB port. from a usb2 before to a usb3. no difference!

so i thought i should try it without overbridge and that really helped. i could reinsert my tracks, but the CPU consumption was still really high and sometimes (only a few times, but worse enough) it was still distorted.

i completely removed the RYTM track and put the old drums back in. with the Kick2 Plugin, a drumrack with about 10 simplers in it, some effects like presswerk, satin, trash2, proQ2 and everything was smooth again: no distortion, no ridicilously high cpu-consumption…

there were 2 reasons for me to buy the rytm: 1. the analog engine. and 2. free up CPU! i thought when all my drums get calculated externally i have more power for cpu-hungry synth plugins??

obviously this plan hasn`t worked out :frowning:

any clue what i could do?

(i`m running 10.8.4, and live 9.7 + the newest beta)

thx in advance

( i hope this post is better to understand as my last one :slight_smile: sorry, i`m not a native english speaker…)

anyone?