Overbridge Uninstall - Broken installation

I have Win 10 and Digitakt. I cannot install the update or remove the previous version of Overbridge 1.37. I ran into this before and probably just left it broken in my system and never used the plugin. Elektron should provide a manual uninstall guide for both Windows and OSX. The 1.37 repair is looking for an installer in a temp folder that does not exist. This is probably some issue with the Windows cleanup and not the installer. If your installer requires the files, please update the installer to place them in the system where they will not be removed. This seems an issue with the temp locations or the file type.

Elektron, please offer some advise. If this is an issue where you do not want to be liable for users editing registries then build a cleaner tool like Adobe did or recommend software that can complete this task.

1 Like

I had this issue and used Revo Uninstaller and worked just fine. Obviously use at your own risk, but worked well for me.

This worked, really appreciate your suggestion. Hopefully Elektron will get this sorted out. It is a windows problem when cleaning up the temp files. I think an easy solution is to keep the packaged installation files for both Overbridge and Transfer in another location if needed.

I am good with software issues as frustrating as they are. But some users may have difficulties with this. Pretty sure this happened before and I may have even used this Revo to fix it. I just wanted to sit down update my hardware and software and enjoy making some music. Instead I had to make music while searching for information how to fix a small error without access to the previous installers.

I will be sure to contact Elektron to see how this can be submitted as a bug. It is a bug and should have been resolved by now since it is installation/update related.

yap , stuck on this . will try the revo , already wasted days on this.
annoying.

Im not a Windows guy by defualt so lost in Win10 removals .

adobe removal tool^^ , etc , best idea. elektron need something like this.

Nope failed , think because I tried the reg edit to remove beforehand, that did work the first time, but after made issues removing and reinstalling , so I may have made it worse, and REVO cant find anything to uninstall now , and nor can overbridge installer when right click repair or remove as was always the case, hence reg edit.

the OB installer / uninstaller script is simply not robust enough to deal with a failure like this .

List of files to manual uninstall?

giving up , message sent to support.

I would advise , to try Revo , before using regedit. I wish I had. dah.

Yo, totally bummed this came up today. I really thought i put in my original post there would be issues digging in registries. Hopefully Elektron sends you that installer version. And now they see the issue and at least post a fix with access to the previous versions. I think it is really just a simple issue of where the file is and how the cleanup in Windows sees that temp file. Hope you get this sorted out, im not much of a sit there and edit music person. After i got overbridge sorted out I just dumped samples on and went back to the hardware. Meh…

I’ve had a few times where a windows update coincided with the same reboot as an overbridge update with the end result needing a full uninstall through the programs and features list. After uninstalling you need to reboot, then install then reboot again before using it. If you try to install with out rebooting after the uninstall I was finding it was running into installation errors which in turn need to be fully uninstalled again.