Overbridge Track selecter

Hello,

Does anyone knows how to use the A4 in this setting:

I use my A4, AR a lot without any PC or DAW. But now I also want to use my A4 in the box with Ableton live for pads or leads that does not need to have the cond trigs, parameter locks or any other 4x4 type of sequencing. I want to use it as sound engine that I send notes to from my ableton tracks.

I already dragged one A4 plugin into an empty midi track in ableton.

• If a make a clip and draw notes into the clip he sends the notes to track 1.
    If I want to use the 4 tracks of my A4 in ableton seperate tracks, how to do this?
  • Also Total recall didn’t work last time I used it.
  • If my A4 is on a pattern from my hardware jamming session … but I dont want the sounds into that pattern (kit) to be fucked up because I do changes in the box. Do I need to be on an empty pattern then or a new project?

Sorry if these are stupid questions

hey

YOu will need to create dedicated tracks for this : i do create a midi track with an external instrument and link it to : analog4 track 1, it has to be the plugin channel.

Make sure your box is set to overbridge mode, total recall, is absolutly great.

Total recall will recall EVERY parameters that were done in the box. Meaning that if you saved your project in your A4 prior, and decided to sue this project at a later date in standalone mode it will not be altered.
Overbridge helps you using Elektron gear pretty much like a plugin in ableton .

Hope that helps

Cheers

1 Like

Individual tracks:

external instrument: ok, i got that :D, but it cant get the audio routed in it.
Normally I should see a A4 in my “audio from” list.
It doesn’t show up.

OB mode is enabled

Note: I am using a MOTU audio interface but with overbridge that should be no problem I guess?

you ll need to pick up the plugin audio
I am at work so i cant screen grab something for you just now

not like this?

Weird things are going on, now I get this, this option wasnt there before.

still no sound though :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve done some trial and error with this.

External instruments work for passing audio in while also sequencing the track. But each instrument, in the project, can only hold one thing- and that thing is midi.

External instruments only work for end result if you real time bounce your track. Otherwise, you’ll need another track to route the audio to

What I do is I group the tracks for audio and midi separately(with the midi being external instruments passing audio through. So when I’m composing I just do all my work with those tracks.

Perhaps have the audio tracks resample from the external instrument tracks(I’m having an issue when trying to mute midi tracks from my machinedrum which is a bit of a pain)- I haven’t experimented with this yet.

Once I finish my Elektron Ableton Template, I’ll share it with the forum- I’m still trying to work out the best way to deal with Octatrack stuff concerning alternation of pitch playing and slice playing

I understand what you mean. One midi track to send the midi notes to the A4 and another audio track to recieve the audio …

still doesn’t work. Can’t get any audio into it. It worked last week!

you need now to route your tracks to the according channels on the a4 :slight_smile: can be done weither on the machine or the plugin

not sure i understand, i use both midi tracks with external instruments for sequencing and processing, regardless i can use ableton clips or A4 sequencer

It works again :slight_smile: My overhub was relying on the USB power. The 5V dc plug was slightly disconnected. I hate this kind of studio errors. It takes away my inspiration and fun :smiley:

thanks guys.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you don’t understand?

The external instrument does multiple things(sequences and passes audio through to the project), but it only holds midi(not audio)

hahah i was not rude dont worry
not sure why you wanted to separate things more, but i guess its workflow dependant.
I get now that you want to be able to bounce audio as you go : makes sens !

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to be rude either. Just encountering the recurring battle of meeting in between two different perspectives :slightly_smiling_face:

i guess both are valid, but yes : i tend to create resampling tracks if i need them, it all boils down to preferences i think.
My template is already so large …

1 Like

Group all the audio tracks together is my plan- only becomes one track larger and I have each instruments midi tracks grouped to their own tracks as well.

It’s easy for things to get out of hand very quickly tying to make an Elektron I/OTB fusion- I’m hoping it’s going to provide me with a more organized focused mind when it’s finished