Overbridge technical question

Hello!

I just bought my very own Syntakt, and indeed my first piece of Elektron gear. I love it and am excited to learn it. I want to use it in my DAW, which is Ableton 9. I run it on an old computer, a 2012 iMac. Surprisingly, it still runs like a song. No latency when I record guitar or bass, Ableton and plugins load up pretty quickly, and it only crashes when I have like a million things going. My Mac OS is Sierra 10.12.1

Unfortunately! It seems Overbridge only supports 10.13 and higher—just missed the cut off.

I guess I’m wondering what’s best to do here—should I try to update the Mac OS, or should I try to find an older version of Overbridge, if that even exists? I’m a little wary of updating the OS, because I fear it will make the computer much slower. I’m not very tech-y so I could be wrong about this, and I am in general as a person averse to change lol

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sebastian

My crops are dying… please…

Hi, only just seen this.

I have a mid 2012 MacBook Pro and have recently upgraded to Mojave but was running High Sierra For years prior to that with no issues.

As long as you can do a bootable back up, just try it out and see what works for you :+1:

eta…the difference in performance was negligible between these three OSs, with Mojave possibly being the quickest to boot up

Thanks. I might try to find an old version of Overbridge first, but if that doesn’t work, I might just have to do this.

1 Like

lol that’s a harsh winter.

try downloading it from this link but cut and paste it into your browser and change the version number TO THE DESIRED VERSION otherwise it will download 2.1.5.4

https://cdn.www.elektron.se/media/downloads/overbridge/Elektron_Overbridge_2.1.5.4.dmg

good luck Wang Lung.

1 Like