Overbridge Syntakt Ableton

Hi guys.
So after several years I’ve jumped back into the world of Elektron.

I had years of working aimlessly with lots of hardware and the best thing I did was sell everything to go DAW only. I run Ableton 11 suite with a separate audio interfsce and found my ability to complete proper tracks had increased massively.

However I very recently treated myself to Syntakt as I love drum synthesis and this box ticks all the boxes (thanks Audiopilz)

My main aim is to integrate the Syntakt into my Ableton workflow. So here we are!

I have set everything up with no issues. I have the Overbridge plugin loaded along with 14 audio tracks to capture the syntakts audio tracks via USB.

This is more of a workflow issue.

I am jamming in Ableton session view. I decided to trigger the syntakt via midi clips in session view as a starting point. This is how I usually start my ideas in Ableton. So I created 12 midi clips for each audio track from the syntakt.

I am aware that I can record automation from Overbridge into the midi clip that belongs to the Overbridge plugin but this is where my issues begin.

I’d like to be able to record overbridge Automation into each separate midi track that I have created. So for example I’d like to record Overbridge automation on midi track 1 that relates to the syntakt audio track 1.

It is going to cause me a lot of issues having to record the automation from Overbridge into just the plugin track. It would be too restrictive as my midi clips will all be different lengths and it would become unmanageable to keep track of all of my automation.

So I’m hoping someone has a solution that will allow me to record my Overbridge automation on the new separate midi tracks that I have created. This applies to session and arrangement views.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks