Overbridge recording latency issue

This is what I try to fix

And these are the methods by which I did it
(nothing changed with latency)

I also tried without delay compensation, and I turned off for this experiment clock sync in OB, and type midi clock delay in Ableton settings (nothing changed with latency)
Снимок экрана 2020-11-27 в 13.54.02

Tried different buffer size in OB control panel and Ableton, still have recording delay
driver error compensation doesn’t change anything with recording latency too

track delay on audio track doesn’t help because piece of transient outside the record
I typed different values in -39.1 ms, -300ms, +300ms. always same delay…

The latency is controlled by the plugin and overbridge engine,
adjusting those won’t do anything you can try adjusting things in overbridge control panel.
It is ever so slightly early on mine also but not enough to cause problems…

sometimes rec is bit earlier, sometimes late. looks like only one way to fix is warp every record by hand

Just noticed, You shouldn’t have sync on in ableton options turn that off… and reset everything back to normal… Sync is controlled by the plugin…
it might be causing problems having midi sync on in options…

Overbridge sync is normally very accurate and doesn’t move early and late

I created a new project, Ableton sync turned off, everything same.
But at first attempt recording was ideal at grid, next time with delay…

this is first attempt, even bit late

I have the same issue. both in bitwig and ableton. Sometimes early, sometimes, late. rarely bang on.

Any luck with fixing this? I am pulling my hair on this one as I am experiencing the same.

1 Like

So hey, just started to test this out on my MOTU M2 and i found this thread. So i did adjust the buffer to 512 (same) as my M2) and this did help with me. Of course another solution would be to just us the Analog Heat i just got as my interface to record all my external gear ha ha