Overbridge problem with Win10, Analog Rytm

With the latest Overbridge and June 2020 update of Windows 10, dragging a sound from the library onto a pad does not always change the pad’s name. It does change the sound that the pad makes, and selecting “Unpair” in the Overbridge window does cause the pad name to change to the correct one after Overbridge automatically reconnects.

I’ve filed a support request, but wonder who else might be having this same problem.

I’d noticed something similar to this, albeit not on windows and with an earlier OB. I’m guessing it’s a Mk1 though? …mine had issues keeping the kits in sync between hardware and software

Whatever the cause, the problem seems to be fixed in OS 1.60/Overbridge 2.0.41

2 Likes

Hi,

I was having this very issue then updated both to the same versions you’re using but still my VST doesn’t update kit names, sound names, parameter settings etc… rendering the VST pretty useless.

Is your still working ok?

Am completely fed up trying to get it to work.

Did you ever get your MK1 sync issues sorted? I am about ready to give up on using OB, so frustrating :frowning:

I believe that particular issue was addressed, however, I’ve spent less time thrashing through that on the Mk1 now that there’s a Mk2 in town - it was specifically about kit sync between the OB interface and device - nothing to do with clock sync etc

it’s not quite as robust on Mk1s I think as they are a bit more stressed on bandwidth, but I believe the fundamental issue was fixed - just not 100% sure tbf

This is such a massive disappointment and to be honestly really, really frustrating. The RYTM syncs fine with my DAWs in terms of clock and transport sync but for the VST to not update ANY parameter or even name renders OB virtually useless.

Even with 4 16bit inputs solely selected I can’t get the VST to act in a manner that a vst should, it is appalling bad to have a vst that literally can’t even update the name of a patch, let alone parameter settings!

I am assuming Elektron no longer care too much about those of us who spent £1200 on a drum machine a while back, now that ours is the older model? For a company capable of making such incredible hardware it strikes me as odd, or at very least unfair and frustrating, that they are seemingly unable to do anything about this issue for MK1 users.

it can only get better if you help by reporting it too - I have had issues unique to me - others have too - it’s only going to become clear and fixed if folk provide good info - for all I know my issue is resolved, it was only one of my mk1 analogs iirc

it’s not the case that they have given up on Mk1s, far from it - but it’s clearly harder to support

Hmmm… I hadn’t tried it on the VST, just on the standalone application. I’ll check.

OK, I checked (using Ableton Live 10). Seems to work OK. Obvious question: Is it possible that you’re picking up an old version of the VST by accident?