Overbridge pauses my device

Ok, an update. I have not been able to resolve the issue with Analog Rytm MkII pausing randomly while running Overbridge 2.0.60.2, and Rytm MkII OS 1.61B. However, after rolling back to Overbridge 2.0.44.3, and Rytm MkII OS 1.60A, I hesitatingly state that the issue is not happening. I can’t seem to reproduce it now, so I can only assume that the newer OS, Overbridge, or both are at fault. PM me if you would like me to send these files (or you could ask Elektron, who gave me the files, but I have them handy…)

Here is a video I made for Elektron support to demonstrate the issue. (see around 2:00) They say they believe it is related to an issue they are working to solve, so perhaps some hope! Video:

1 Like

Hey. Had tried many things with os1.61B, Overbridge 2.0.60.2
like You. No effort. So my result was not use overbridge. Cause think like the most others need a stabile recording situation. So since 2.0.60.2 use both devices standalone, as oldschool machines, syncing by midi and recorded that analog. Less options but for using devices fine.

Than yesterday I update both machines
• Analog Four MKII running OS 1.51C
• Analog Rytm MKII running OS 1.61E

and Overbridge 2.0.65 for Windows

Cause in elektron bug-fixing-text was to read:

"## List of changes from OS 1.61D to 1.61E

Bug fixes

Audio and sync could in some cases drop out when the device was used together with Overbridge."

So I had hope.

After uninstall OB, reinstall, checking all cables and midi-options (including all suggestions here an from elektron) must say
OB do not know the devices.

Will write elektron again.

Such a long time is gone. Can not really buffer that. Sorry.
All these pausing problems was quiet since Overbridge 2.0.60.

What is by others and You ?

Elektron writes back:

Please also try the following (provided you are on Windows 10):

1. Power off the Elektron devices and disconnect them from the computer.
  2. Go to Windows Device Manager.
  3. Expand every category.
  4. Go to the top View menu and press on Show hidden devices.
  5. Where you see the Elektron devices, right-click and press Uninstall device.
  6. Connect the Elektron devices to your computer and power them on.

and that helps. That means:

• Analog Four MKII running OS 1.51C
• Analog Rytm MKII running OS 1.61E

and Overbridge 2.0.65 for Windows solve that problem.

Overbridge connected with Analog Four and Analog Rytm are working stable together now.
Recording with Overbridge standalone is working without pausing.

Thank You much Elektron.

2 Likes