Overbridge not working with Ableton Live

Hey guys,

Hope you are doing well.

So recently I tried to use Overbridge inside Ableton Live 11 using my Analog Four and Analog Rytm and I’m having issues trying to get sound out of the software.

I made sure I have the latest update of Overbridge inside Ableton and on the engine and both Analog Four and Rytm are on Overbridge USB mode.

They both work when I run the stand alone software, so I’m not too sure if its a compatibility issue with Ableton Live.

I would be very happy if anyone could help me solve this issue.

Thank you so much in advance.

Kind regards,

I am using Overbridge in Ableton Live 11 for the Syntakt and Digitone and it works well on Windows 10.

What have you tried so far when you are setting up in Live?

I am using macbook pro, not too sure if it also has something to do with macOS…

So far what I’ve tried is to rout it to individual audio channels per track to see if it gets fixed or play around with the encoders, apart from that I’m not sure what to do to troubleshoot.

They are both currently connected via USB using the Elektron Overhub.

I also tried to connect audio jacks to the mixer and then use the mixer as an input source from Ableton Live, but it doesn’t work.

They work perfectly when I use them on the stand alone application in the laptop, just not through Ableton Live.

Cheers

Someone else that use a Mac might be able to help more but when I add the VST on to a track the audio is then routed through it and then I will add an Ext Instrument to route the midi to the device or have it synced to the transport and play patterns.

OB

When I am ready to record I’ll add audio tracks and set the routing so it receives the individual track outputs.

1 Like

Exactly, same for Mac. You should first make sure that both instruments are showing up in the Overbridge engine icon on the top right of MacOS Menu Bar. Which I guess is the case as they work in Stand Alone. The Standalone programs should not be open in parallel to Ableton.

Then create a MIDI track and throw the A4 AU plugin into it. It should work immediately. If you start Ableton the A4 should also start and playback what is in the sequencer. You can also play the first track via MIDI in if REC is red on that track.

Once that is working you can create an Audio track which has the Overbridge Track as INPUT so that you can select any of the tracks from A4.

Good luck!

Thank you @SoundReverend, that’s what I’ve been trying to do, but for some reason is not working.

I have used it before and it worked fine, but for some reason is not working anymore. I feel like there is something going on in terms of communication between Ableton and Overbridge.

Cheers

Have you tried rebooting and reinstalling?

Hey guys,

Just managed to fix the issue. It turned out to be some weird bug within my buffer size/ sample rate setup in my preferences. Once I changed the settings it started working again, I even put it back as it was and it’s working perfectly now.

Hope it helps to anyone that may encounter this issue in the future.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!
I’ve just realized thanks to your comment that it simply doesn’t work if you have your buffer size bigger than 1024 samples. How’s it possible that I contacted the support several times and they didn’t suggest this? Too bad…