Overbridge MIDI Issues

I seem to be running into some issues with OB. I’m able to get audio from my Rytm 2 to the OB plugin, and I can see the controls twiddling as I rotate the knobs, and vice versa. However, I can’t seem to send MIDI sequences from Ableton to my Rytm 2. I’m not trying to record MIDI, just trying to sequence it.

On top of that, I was hoping to use my Rytm 2 as a MIDI interface for another synth, is that not possible?

I don’t have an AR but…

Looks like some peeps have figured out DAW to Rytm:

And according to BoBeats (newest firmware) you can send MIDI from tracks now. Just one note per track though no chords:

Also MIDI through should work fine if you are making sequences in your DAW and pushing the MIDI out through the AR.

Indeed, not possible, but somebody found an exploit on the DN/DT (only) machines that uses some clever mapping of dedicated MIDI channels and auto channels and the net effect is that there is some internal assembling of a bridge between USB bus and DIN bus, but it’s not intended to be a MIDI interface, i think it only plays well with notes.

This is a completely different issue. I’m referring to Overbridge 2.

1 Like

Ah, bummer :frowning: I was hoping to be able to leverage my Rytm as a MIDI interface too.