Overbridge in macOS Sierra

Any news on a release date ?

Hello, I just updated to sierra from el capitan and both overbridge and c6 stopped recognising analog four!! They worked perfectly fine on el capitan! I checked on system information and analog is seen as a device when I plug it in via USB. I uninstalled and re-installed overbridge but still nothing. I tried to extract the 64-bit portion of the kernel through terminal (seen on your comments above) but still nothing!

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Just thought i mention that I had success using the 64 bit extraction method as described in this thread. It did require 1 reboot(possibly I first opened over bridge to see if it would ‘just work’ before trying that method)

Thanks !

1 Like

I received a reply from Elektron and they said “very soon”. No idea how soon that is. Still haven’t found a way to make it work myself!

3 Likes

Any ideas besides the 64 bit extraction method? It didn’t work for me. And by the way by “reboot” you mean uninstall-reinstall Overbridge?

I have succeed by uninstall, reinstall and re-do the 64 bit extraction method. and reboot everything.
Insist Nikola :wink: you will get it work i’m sure of it

I suppose it’s a tossup…of all my gear that’s been waiting on Sierra updates, Overbridge is the very last thing that hasn’t been updated by the respective company. If I feel up to some testing I guess I’ll upgrade on a test system and see what the tips in this thread do to help.

Thanks to everybody for the tips!

NICE ONE, thanks

1 Like

macOS Sierra, clean install, using the tips above WORKED. Thanks guys!

1 Like

I can confirm that it requires a reboot (restarting the computer) if you’ve attempted to open the Overbridge driver in the session previously.

Nikolae did you manage to get it to work?.. sinonomatoi :grinning:
Did you try rebooting?

Please can some one do a step by step , how to install OB on Sierra . Im star to thinking the new update never release :frowning:

There are severl step-by-step guides in this thread. Scroll back up.

1 Like

ok thanks I will find it

so confuse
:frowning: may. be I wait till oficial update

It’s not that difficult. Install Overbridge, then run the two commands in Terminal that are mentioned above. First one copies a file to the desktop, the second one deletes it from it’s location. Reboot your computer afterwards. It should work. If there’s a problem, uninstall Overbridge and reinstall.
It’s quite safe and not very complicated.

1 Like

thanks digitalgeist I try it latter

Please can anybody do a vid tutorial whit the full process ? sorry im so newbie on OS X terminal protocol :blush:

All i want for christmas…is this to get fixed. Would have trusted/expected this to be more of a priority w/o having to rely on a workaround.

As he said it’s just copy paste there

2 Likes