Overbridge + Heat introduces extreme latency

Hello there

Is it normal that the heat plugin introduces +700ms latency in Ableton? Whats your latency?

Cheers

I wrote a similar post a while back though I can’t find it anymore. Latency is around 60/70ms (30ms in > ~ms processing audio > 30ms out). There’s no way around it unless you go via analog send & return. 700ms seems very high though. What’s your set up?

yes i have about 20-30ms latency with rytm and analog keys… its just the heat that does those extremely anoying 700ms (yes 700ms not 70ms:)… i tried different usb ports & cable allready to no avail.

my setup: imac late 2015 i think. on usb: 3 x motu midiexpress 128, analog keys, analog rytm, analog heat, maschine studio, eventide h9, roland integra 7 + usb hub. the analog heat does not run on the hub and is connected to the imac.

I have the same problem and the same computer, late 2015. When I bought my sound interface, Focusrite Clarett, they had problem with that same computer. It might be that it does not work with Overbridge and Heat to?

Oh 700ms latency? So it’s not usable live! Even 20 or 30 ould be a problem to process let’s say a bass player or a rhodes in a live situation. Is there any digital solution? I was about to buy one when I saw that.
Thank you

Is latency getting better?
To play live with vst fx above 10 ms it’s really unpleasant. 5ms is ok.

Latency is still terrible

Most annoying piece of hardware ive ever bought

I’m pretty ignorant about this but does the AH do the DAC/ADC? If so, how is it clocked to other interfaces?

i can confirm that I’m also massively annoyed by the latency with overbridge.

My Heat is not even working stable with overbridge, no matter what settings i chose.
Hopefully the new version in February fixes this.

1 Like