Overbridge for Digitakt - Any news on a release date?

Hi all,

As the title suggests really… I did a google search but nothing came up and was wondering whether the knowledgeable folk in this forum had heard anything??

Love my Digitakt, but as I’m using it in a studio environment, I’m desperate to get it going with overbridge for some 8 track streaming goodness!!

Thanks

3 Likes

If it would make you feel better, I could tell you: some time next month.

But my guess is as good as yours

3 Likes

haha… read your first line and punched the air!

Read the 2nd and slouched in my chair! :smile:

3 Likes

As Elektron have pointed out the improved USB capabilities of the MK2s one could naively expect a new Overbridge version that also supports DT audio streaming to coincide with the release of AR MK2 / A4 MK2, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’m afraid proper sample/pattern/project/backup handling via OB might be even further out, despite the fact that for serious use (i.e. performing music for money) it’s mandatory to be able to transfer stuff to a backup machine - and I’m not even talking doing so easily and swiftly.

2 Likes

Well, I just want the 8 track streaming more than anything else, as I want to create patterns do some live performance into my DAW and then cut up the bits I want to use. At the minute I’m having to solo (via muting) each track and sample that way, which is a fairly basic use. They better not have sold us down the river on this, as I bought it specifically to work like this. I got it early to learn it and to get some patterns & projects ready to use. Fingers crossed it’s not too long away!!

2 Likes

Since none of us have any info on this, i’ll provide my speculation :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:: 2018

I’m still waiting to receive my DT! Ordered over a month ago and still waiting…
Overbridge seems like a pipe dream at this point.

1 Like

Has there been any indication of when exactly ‘later this year’ we will see Overbridge for Digitakt? Realistically we only have 7-8 weeks left of 2017 with Xmas/holidays so Elektron seem to be cutting it very fine to meet their promised delivery.

Is there a beta currently out there that we’re not aware of?

Being quite unfamiliar with the OB concept as the DT is my 1st Elektron, would it allow me to organise the order of patterns in a project for example? Or even organise the order of tracks within a pattern?
Thanks

It could (and should) eventually, but this is not among the features listed by Elektron (cf. https://www.elektron.se/overbridge/). Most people seem to be waiting for the audio streaming, though. Elektron seem to have a lot on their plate these days, so it might be a while until we see anything.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s that far off. They’ve released the OT and A4mk2, so now it’s just he ARmk2 and bug fixes for the devices. I’m feeling pretty good about November

Are Basic and Premium going to be released at the same time?

Or will it be staggered?

My personal prediction is January 2018. Anything earlier will be a pleasant surprise.

Anything later will be a less pleasant surprise :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m more than happy to wait until then.

As soon as January passes then I may pick up a pitchfork and join the mob. :wink:

1 Like

I e-mailed to ask Elektron for more info on the release date, but they were pretty vague:

I would assume that it is ready by end of year.

The bit that concerned me more is that it doesn’t look like effects like reverb/delay will be streamed to the DAW, as they are classed as ‘send effects’. This seems pretty poor, since it will mean the conditional trigs on these effects are pointless if you want to use Overbridge to have separate tracks. Since we can’t actually input audio to be passed through the Reverb externally it also seems a bit rich to call them ‘send effects’ since they are ‘stuck’ within the box, so to speak.

I cannot comment how the effects will be handled exactly.
They will of course be present in the main output, but the individual tracks will not have the effects as they are send effects.

There hasn’t been an OB device where the individual tracks had FX. It’s always been a send track.

Though, it’s important to remember that it’s a sampler- so there’s no reason why you couldn’t resample your FX into a new sample and then individual track out.

1 Like

Read: there’s a remote possibility of a beta towards the end of Q1/2018 :frowning:

1 Like

Nice solution. I’m not sure how well it would work with long reverb tails though, as when the sample was re-triggered it would get messed up. Do you have any tips for getting around that?

You could send master outputs alone via OB, using mute tracks, you can get the FXed audio… track by track, i know but better than nothing

You’ll have to get creative with it. Second thought that comes to mind(the first one I had seemed like a pain) is to set the loop to a particularly airy section of the sound and p-lock the decay.

The next idea that comes to mind is to use a reverb that’s in your computer when using OB as you’ll probably have more options, customization and ability with a larger arsenal of options and it wouldn’t require this degree of creativity and you could apply that creativity to other elements of your track