Overbridge + ext mixer

Hi there!

is it possible to connect Digitalt to a special mixer which can use USB overbridge to divide and mix each 8 tracks.
The internal mixer is not my soultion because i would like to use sidechain compressor from the track1 to any external midi driven instruments.

cheers!

You could use Overbridge on a Mac or PC, then use an audio interface with 8 mono or 4 stereo outs and send those to an analog mixer. For example.

3 Likes

ok, but it would be nice to leave the PC from the rig.

Up to now there is no way to use overbridge functionality without a computer unfortunately.

But you could e.g. connect something like a novation launchcontrol xl to the computer and mix the 8 tracks of the digitakt without looking at the screen at all.

Somebody on this forum had developed a working prototype of a raspberry pi or teensy device that does essentialy this, but i thinknhe stopped

which software do you recommend to use on PC to this purpose?
and what sound card?
I have a mackieprofx10v3 as a soundcart.
Should it can mix the digitakt 8 audio track via usb?

It would be nice to have a fancy little box which receives 10 USB tracks from the Digitakt and sends them into individual ‘real hardware’ channels to make more classic dub mixes without diving the menu.

I’ve tried DT => Overbridge => Audio intereface & ADAT Converter => External mixer setup a couple of times, but it didn’t click for me at that time. The concept felt nice and had some cool advantages of full blown hadware mixer, but the downside of it was obviously necessity of a laptop plus the loss of automated stereo panning (I always use panning LFOs to add movement on pads, percussions and stuff like that). Maybe will retry this scheme later.

yes I assumed that it won’t be working :frowning: but gave a try…
In this case I will connect DT via overbridge and each synth which is driven by DT will be connected to a mixer (mackie profxv3) directly to the PC.
So. right now the question is which software is the best to mix?
I would like to use my VSTs (eg: FabFilter Pro) and sidechain between the tracks.