Overbridge Does not Recognize Digitone on Macbook Pro

Hi everyone,

My Digitone, while updated to the right OS, with the latest version of Overbridge (and yes, overbridge mode being activated) is not recognized by the overbridge engine nor control panel. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

I’ll detail the setup I am using first:

• Macbook pro 2018 with MacOS Sierra
  • A digitone updated on to OS 1.21
  • Overbridge v2.0.30.3
  • Original usb cable with official apple usbA to usbC converter

I read the manual and followed the steps very closely:

• Updated my digitone’s OS through C6
  • Installed Overbridge first with no elektron device connected (restarted my computer when necessary)
  • Connected my digitone to the usb port while being turned off, turned it on, and activated overbridge mode
  • Opened control panel, and nothing happens… I tried to restart the panel/engine, tried to restart the digitone (with enough time between turning it on/off), disconnect it from the usb port, even re-restart my computer…

Nothing works… and I don’t seem to find any more strategies to try and solve my issue…

I hope someone has been as thorough as I did and still had similar issues.

thank you all for your help
Raphael

I think this happened to me but don’t remember the exact fix. When you first went through the install dialogue, did you go into your security settings and click “allow” for Overbridge (to bypass OSX Gatekeeper)?

Were you able to resolve this? I’m having the same problem.

• Running 10.13 on a 13" 2017 Macbook Pro
  • Updated Digitone firmware to OS 1.21
  • Overbridge 2.0.31
  • Using the Elektron provided USB cable, through a powered USB-C 3.1 hub
  • Allowed the Elektron developer msg in the Security preferences of my System control panel (msg doesn’t seem to go away though)
  • Installed with the Digitone disconnected
  • Put the USB settings into Overbridge mode
  • Still can’t get the device to recognize

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

any solutions? I have exactly the same problem… can’t figure out what I could try next…

I have the exact same problems. Just replying so i can keep an eye on this thread sorry.

Hey everyone,

Great news. By downgrading to the previous version I was able to make it work!

It seems 2.0.31 has some issues with Sierra and other recent OS :).

You just have to find the latest version before 2.0.31 – which was 2.0.24 and enjoy!

Hope this solves all of your issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me, I didn’t really do any more troubleshooting since my last post but it’s working now. A couple more restarts later may have done the trick. Or I installed another piece of software that needed the same control panel security preference accepted, which seemed to finally make the elektron msg go away. Worked smooth after all that, so hopefully one of things is helpful to someone else