Overbridge do not detect my new Digitone

Hi there,

I just received a brand new Digitone. I installed overbridge and it do not detect my Digitone. Under Overbridge Control Panel, nothing is detected. I installed different version including OS update or Downgrade and no luck. I have an Elektron Analogue KEYS and it’s working well.

I run Windows 10 Entreprise X64.

Any idea?

1 Like

Not trying to be that guy and hopefully someone can answer you, BUT …have you read through and searched the hundreds of posts in the overbridge sub?

Yes I did and I exhausting. The thing is my Analogue KEYS work whitout problem.

Overbridge Mode selected in the USB config menu or is it set to USB-Midi only?

2 Likes

make sure overbridge engine is running and set the digitone to overbridge mode. not 100% sure if OB engine is the same on windows but I had to figure this out about an hour ago and it works fine on my mac

I try both, no luck

Ok, it’s really weird. It do not want to turn ON anymore. Nothing happening, just a few light flash super quick and go dark after. It’s look like I received a defect unit.

Oh man that sucks, try unplugging it for a bit and if you can manage to get it on maybe redo the update then see if you still have problems before you go through the hassle of sending for a new one. Mine froze the first time I updated it before. I redid it and have had no problems since

I think it’s really dead. I try to hold FUNCT and nothing seen to work. The screen is blank and no light on the button :frowning:

That’s a shame man I feel for you, don’t get discouraged though, I’m sure you’ll get a new one out in no time. Maybe @ess can help? I know OT has a diagnostics mode if you hold a certain button combo and turn it on. I’ll try and find out if DN has one

edit: oh you already tried holding func, that was supposed to be it. My bad

Thanks man, I appreciated. I bought this synth because I’m stock in bed for many week due to surgery. I need a operational unit ASAP :wink:

I hope things go well for your recovery.

Create a support ticket on Elektron’s website to get the best technical advice.

Contact whoever you bought the Digitone from to get a replacement unit.

When I installed the latest OB if my digitone was connected in overbridge mode via usb it wouldnt power on. I changed it to midi mode and it powered on fine, then when I changed the usb back to OB it wouldn’t detect the digitone. I reinstalled OB and it worked fine.

Thanks for sharing, but it don’t want to turn on with power only.

Thanks, I’ll contact the store where I bought it, they have a pretty good customer service.

Did you turn the unit off and on within a few seconds while attempting to get OB to work? You are supposed to wait a few minutes before powering the unit on after powering it off, if you turn them on/off/on rapidly they can have issues turning on. Unplug the unit completely, wait 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn on. I bet your issue will be solved. If it was working when you received it, I really doubt your unit is defective.

1 Like

Hi Hawk,

I can’t remember exactly what I did, It could be possible. I let the unit few hours turned OFF but with the power still plug-in and the problem was still there. I already shipped the defect unit and another one is on it’s way. They will figure it out at the shop.

Thanks

Hank,

Believe it or not I received the new unit today, did a updated firmware and later on the same problem happened. I Plug the midi and usb cable and it reset the Digitone after I connect it so it did On Off On.

I wait 5 minute and it work again :wink:

Thank to share.

1 Like

Glad you have a working unit. Just remember to not power cycle the Digitakt or Digitone too quickly, it references this in the manual too. When I did this on accident, I had to unplug the supply from the wall and wait a bit until I was able to plug it back in and have it boot properly.

RESTART
• For a complete restart of the Digitakt, wait for at least 30 seconds after turning it off before turning it on again.

1 Like

Men I have the same problem. Overbridge does not detect my Digitone. Please help me!