Overbridge+Digitakt - Sends Via DAW

Hello Everyone,

I can record every Audio-Channel separately into my DAW (Ableton) via Overbridge, that’s great.
I can also record the Midi information of the Send Delay/Reverb from the Digitakt.

What I would like to do now is to use the delay/reverb from the Digitakt with the recorded Audio and “delay/reverb-send-information” from each individual track from the DAW.

It would be great to have a plugin just for the delay/reverb I could use in the sends in the DAW. Or do is there a different solution?

thank you very much in advance :slight_smile:
matt

1 Like

This would be slick! But I don’t believe we can send audio from a DAW into the Elektron device via USB, only the other way round I believe. I’m searching now hoping it’s possible somehow :thinking:

Digitakt is a class compliant device that will accept audio over USB (from your DAW in your case) but I’m not sure if you can send USB audio through the Digitakt filters/FX. You would have to check the manual for that. It’s definitely possible with Rytm MKII, as I remember sending stereo USB audio to it (using two linked tracks, one left, the other right) which could then be sent through the filters/FX.

Edit: Overbridge takes over from the more basic class compliant USB audio/midi (I.e., it’s not possible to simultaneously select Overbridge and USB audio/midi from within the Digitakt settings). So I’m not sure if audio can be sent to Digitakt while in Overbridge mode. It’s been a while since I had one! Maybe someone else can clarify exactly what’s what?

Turns out you can with my A4mk2 anyway! This saves me from so much cables when processing audio :grin:

You just send your audio from an audio channel to the channel that has the A4 plugin on one of the stereo sidechain channels then you select that sidechain in Overbridge. I haven’t learnt the workings on side chain channels yet (and I don’t see it in the manual) but this works. You can send signal from and TO the analog to be processed through the filters and such (you need Overbridge mode selected on the A4), awesome!

2 Likes