Overbridge crashing Ableton Live 10?

Does it crash randomly or when opening an ableton project with the plugins in it?

1 Like

Randomly while playing my Ableton live Set.
So I can load the set, start the tracks and having a bit fun tweaking my clips for live performance. But then my audio crashes and Ableton continues playing but does not put out audio. I think its more a Audio Driver issue…

3 Likes

Actually I remember I had this happening a few times as well. Not sure if these crashes are gone

2 Likes

More than ever. I have submitted a Ticket. Thank you for the follow up.

I prefer this Avatar than the previous scary one.

1 Like

Haha thanks, think they want to try fix it for next upcoming update so more info helps.
I know nothing about programming but seems like bandwidth problems or something?

3 Likes

Sooooo glad I found this…i have mentioned this on other threads regarding MIDI loops…

i too have a DN and it’s crashing FL20 on Windows 10 if the DN is switched on when FL starts (only opening a file with OB vst for DN in the session file and not a new session)…i have to launch the session then then start up the DN…it can run like that for hours sometimes and sometimes it freezes during sessions…also if the DN is on when I try to close FL it will crash…

And it’s definitely only since this last public release…

I mentioned elsewhere that the behavior is similar to a MIDI loop

We must all submit as much info as possible for DEV team to get to the bottom of this…

1 Like

Also yes I have multiple OB devices…

DN
DT
ARmkii
A4mkii

But managed (while trying to make it crash with multiple scenarios) to get it to crash with just the DN on plugin open in the session but all 4 units powered on and active in the OB engine panel…

1 Like

the first thing the support adviced me to do is to check the midi settings. so - yes - they are aware about the midi feedback loop. but in my case changing the midi settings didnt stop the crashes.

1 Like

What does that mean? What settings? Thanks.

1 Like

Yeh all MIDI settings are the same across all my devices. It’s just the DN with the problem. Sometimes FL looses the ability to send MIDI data to the DN and the only thing that will get it back is a restart…the midi settings might LOOK correct but if the dev team have the code a little out, the settings won’t matter…

The reason I suspect MIDI loop is I had a uc33 MIDI controller that had a MIDI loop and FL behaved exactly the same way…crashing at start up and exit, dropping recognition of the device, pops and clicks when it was functioning…

1 Like

same here finally updated the DN just to find out about this bug.
Not having more than two devices on seem to do the trick when opening Ableton … or a project for that matter.

1 Like

Send a support ticket if you can, it might help get it fixed…
it worked perfectly for 12 months until last update for me

2 Likes

pretty much i am in since the Beta and always worked flwalessly, it goes official release and break everything :smiley:
I ll kick a ticket for sure
BTW saving all projects on the DN and recreating the links in overbridge worked quiet nicely

2 Likes

Im having the exact same problem… Is there any fix available yet? Its been months.

2 Likes

This update did not fix the multiple devices crash for me…
I still can only have 2 devices on when opening projects…
Send a support ticket

3 Likes

Small update here:

• this issue is not DAW-related. I am using Ableton 10 + Logic Pro X, and in Logic the same freezing happens frequently. Its even worse. In logic pro x the elektron device running as OB-instance freezes completly and has to be restarted manually, whereas in Ableton “just” the audio-stream freezes/drops out.

Still hope this will be fixed soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

I have a Digitakt and Overbridge kept crashing Ableton 10 & Bitwig 3.3
I tested with an empty project, no samples loaded, made 2-3 patterns, no problems so far.
Then I loaded up a saved project and the plugin crashed.
The thing is, it crashed only on certain patterns.
I figured it was ONE Sound (hand made, not a factory sound) used in that particular pattern that caused the issue.

With the AU, when switching from a “clean” pattern to a “wrong” pattern, there was blank in the audio during the transition. No crash of the AU.
Removing the bad Sound from the “wrong” pattern solved the problem too.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

i get crushes with newest 2.0.44 version vst
running windows laptop with ableton , bitwig , and reaper ,
all crushing after few seconds to minutes…
and i cant find the previews version install file!!
anyone got a link? the prev was working flawless…

1 Like

Yeah in older version OB worked without any issues. Hope to find an older version too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

seem to have the same issue…

1 Like