Overbridge + Bitwig, how to route individual channels?

I have no problem doing it in Ableton, but I have no clue how to access individual AR channels on seperate audio tracks in Bitwig (5.1.2). Anyone know how to do it?

Also, I get a nasty clicky sound when I solo drum sounds in the Overbridge plugin, particularly on the kick. Both in Bitwig and Live. Is this expected?

Thanks

2 Likes

I don’t know about the clicking but adding additional channels is actually super slick. A lot easier than Live imo.

1. Go to the instrument panel where the plugin is and to the left of the show plugin parameters there are two arrows that are for “show plugin multi out chain selector”.

2. Hit those errors and you will a button for add missing chains. Hit that and the tracks should auto populate for you.

iScreen Shoter - 20240117170437444

4 Likes

BW rules!

This is a great first step and it can allow you to process each piece of the chain as you want.

Some additional things to note:

• Clicking: open Overbridge Control Panel and play with your buffer size and sample rate. SR should match daw. Buffer probably should too.

• All of the choke instruments come through on the same chain. Closed and open HHs, for example, only have one chain shared between them.

• You won’t get individual track stereo panning. If you’ve done creative panning via plocks or lfos, this won’t be present in your OB mix. This is true of almost all Elektron boxes.

• Your master comp/drive is only present on the mains. You can, of course, mute everything going into mains. There are options to play with but for the sake of keeping it simple… don’t forget comp / drive are master effects. Meaning you have to be recording the master mains. Not individual chains.

Mateo’s explanation is perfect to get started processing the Rytm chains. If you want to record each separate drum as its own audio track, you’ll still have to make your own tracks for each drum and point it to the chains you’ve now unlocked.

It’s easier than it sounds. You can group the whole stack and keep it tidy.

I choose to do my processing on the audio tracks I’ve created instead of the original chains. I can elaborate on this if anyone has questions.

Once you spend all the time setting this up, I’d save it. I forgot the name but I’m pretty sure bitwig lets you save an entire group as a template type thing you can drag into a project.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Hello again,

now everythng is set up (and sample accurate sync via usb - a miracle!!!)

Is it possible to make a chain for the FX (delay/reverb) themselves as well? I got all the instruments + external inputs set up but really miss the delay/verb.

Thanks a bunch!

Your AR effects channels should automagically show up along with all of your other channels. If you look at the screen shot I posted you will see the Syntakt Delay/Reverb are at the end of the channels. IF you don’t see them try back to add missing chains and hit that again or manually Add Chain.

I think I figured out why you might not see the effects. Playing with my Digitone today and realized the effects channel isin’t labeled like the Syntakt when you add missing channels. The effects channel is actually the Main channel, then in audio routing on the AR you need to change the tracks so they are no longer routing to main, just leaving the effects going through the main outs. Let me know if that makes sense to you or if you have other questions.

Another nice thing about BWS, is that using the stereo-split device you can actually route two mono synths into the input (I use Digitone) and then easily route each channel to it own track.