Overbridge as control-surface only

It works fine. Just tried it. See above.

@omatic
@jbone1313

You guys running the same OB/rytm versions?
Working for jbone but not for omaticā€¦

I havenā€™t tried usb midi sync but can confirm working receiving clock from OT to din and OB clock setting off,
OB 1.15, Rytm 1.31ā€¦

USB MIDI sync will suck, and youā€™ll have to manually add a negative MIDI Clock Sync Delay in Abletonā€™s preferences, which sadly is not properly compensated, so if your latency changes, then youā€™ll have to adjust that. But, it will work.

Hi,

Is it possible to use Overbridge just as a control surface / Sample organiser ? I want to use the analogue outs on my analog four and rytm but donā€™t want to use the USB to transfer audio.

I clock everything using an ER-M multiclock to ableton and use a RME Raydat and Ferrofish A/D convertor to transfer my audio.

I have tried this a couple of times but when I go into USB mode it stops the sync in my setup.

I just want to access the parts of my machines without sending a clock signal or audio.

Iā€™m sure this can be done, any ideas?

Cheers,

Doug

Have a little look here mate

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-as-control-surface-only/13149

1 Like

Thanks mate !!!

Exactly what I was looking for, managed to get something sorted. Still not 100% the way I want it but hopefully Elektron hice is an update to solve the latency issue.

Really appreciate the link :slight_smile:

Take it easy

1 Like

[I have a Heat] Yes, an editor mode! I want OB to load in a session so that my Heat patch and signal routing will be recalled when the session loads. That mode should also allow OB to edit parameters.

The audio over USB is too finicky to be useful, unfortunately. Overbridge crashes Nuendo near 100% of the time. Any tips on how to gain more stability from Overbridge?

1 Like