Overbridge and USB Hubs : )

So I would just like to confirm for any of you pondering which usb hub to get, that the Anker Aluminium 7 port USB 3 hub works amazingly well for connecting “ALL” your Elektron boxes with no issues and is able to receive all individual audio channels from each box.

OMG how amazing is Overbridge! hahahahahaha! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

Do you mean this model?

Looks like this one:

1 Like

No sir, this model.

Confirmed tried and tested, and I’m using a MBP Late 2012 with Ableton 10. Using all O.S. updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, this is the one. Super happy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know. Was just wanting to ask whether there are alternatives to Overhub.

Cant get these in the UK :disappointed:

Yeah it looks like it is an old product

What would be an alternative? does it have to be USB3? powered??

Anyone???

Yeah, it would be really nice if there’s an alternative out there. I have heard some complaints about overhub and its not cheap and they do not even include a psu for it. So have someone tested a USB hub alternative and know that it works with overbridge?

afaik the thing with being so picky about the hubs, was/is only a overbridge problem, if you use at least one mk1 device, because they use lower usb standard/bandwith…

I have an an overhub and a “TP-Link USB 3.0 7 Port USB Hub” on win10. I use both to control 11 usb synths including an A4-2 and an AR-2 (with overbridge2) and I have not noticed any difference whether I connect the Elektrons to the overhub or the tp-link. Everything seems to work correctly.

3 Likes

Could you add a link to the specific item? If everyone does we can build a database of hubs and user reports here.

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer!

1 Like

Does someone else have tested overbridge with TP-link UH700 USB Hub that @djx mentioned?

https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-networking/computer-accessory/uh700/

As @swiss suggests, these don’t seem to be available in the UK. It’d be great to see some alternatives.

Thats weird, I live in the U.k. and bought two of them. :slight_smile: I think They’ve just released a newer model :slight_smile:

I guess, as long as it’s USB 3, it doesn’t have to be powered as all the Elektron boxes have their own. It looks like Anker have changed their model, and have updated it a little.

from what everyone knows based on the specs of that old model, do y’all think this model would work with OB2 and a MKI analog rytm/four?