Overbridge and Studio One 3

Anybody using this pair? Two issues so far:

1. Studio One does not seem to see individual outs from the Overbridge which are enabled in Control Panel, only the main stereo out (named Main L for some reason)
  2. Analog Four transport is always slaved to the Studio One, even though (i) Transport receive is disabled, (ii) Sync option in the Overbridge VSTi is disabled. On top of that Analog Four behaves rather randomly - it either changes kits (no program change is sent) or just plays for the length of the pattern then stops.

Hi,
iam using the same combo and it´s the best experience so far…

1. To activate individual outs in S one 3 go to
    -> mixer panel -> open Instr. (Instruments) in the mixer panel
    -> open the Analog Four dropdown menu and activate all single out Trk1,Trk2 etc.

2. I got the same behaviour, the sync does work (perfect IMHO), but you can´t use the A4 transport.
    Program Change -> it seems S1 sends a PC on transport start.
    -> i disabled Prog CH Receive on the A4 -> problem solved :slight_smile:
    -> just play one pattern -> maybe you have activated the Chain / Song mode?
    Have fun…

AriHaf, thanks man, got it sorted! How do you go about disabling monitoring of the input channels (which seem to be always on unless you mute them in the mixer) after you have captured the audio?

PrgCh receive is disabled but I still can’t use A4’s transport unless DAW is playing

Hi, your welcome :slight_smile:
i do it the clumsy way and simply mute the tracks on the A4 after capturing for playback. You can also switch off the a4 sync in the VST so the sequencer doesn´t restart. Because the sync A4/VST/DAW is “sample accurate” you can easily forget the A4´s tracks after capturing, that´s what you hear even when you mute the S1 mixer tracks, at least this happens me every time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

"I still can’t use A4’s transport unless DAW is playing"

I don´t know why this is happening but the Elektrons said that this is normal “beta?” behaviour ( there is a post about this topic on the forum)

Have fun.

Cheers!

Hello, can someone explain to me what I need to do to record Overbridge audio in Studio One? I have added the instrument and can monitor via the mixer, but I am unable to select an overbridge input on an audio track to record it.

Thanks!

1 Like

I also have the same question as above. And thanks for those screenshots, just spent about 30 minutes looking how to enable this. There is very little documentation on how to get Overbridge working with Studio One out there.

Answered my own question… You have to add a new Stereo track, select instrument and select the track from the instrument itself.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I needed to read, thank you! Now there’s nothing stopping me at all~