Overbridge and Desktop Audio

I’m getting some really weird behavior with Overbridge. I’m running a Windows 10 PC, with RYTM MKII and Overbridge. Ableton 11 can record RYTM audio successfully via Overbridge, and I can record audio tracks via my audio interface (non-RYTM, my other hardware synth audio records successfully). However, I am getting very strange behavior with my desktop audio when Overbridge is active. The only time I can hear my desktop audio is when I have Ableton open, I’m recording audio (the transport is running), and there is actual audio coming out of the RYTM. If I mute all of the tracks in the RYTM, I can no longer hear my desktop audio.

This is a pretty big problem for me, as I am regularly watching Youtube for tech tips and I listen to reference tracks constantly. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on here? I’m using 2 Focusrite 18i20 with ADAT expansion, if that matters.

Do you have the Rytm selected as your Audio device in Ableton?

On Windows, if you check your Audio settings (Settings > System > Sound), what device is selected?

Windows Audio settings was the issue. I guess when I turned on Overbridge for the first time it switched the audio settings to use the RYTM. In hind sight I should have checked there, but I didn’t think of it. Thank you!

I do still have Focusrite USB ASIO as the audio device in Ableton, and it’s working well now.

1 Like

Nice, problem solved. Now, go make some bangers!