Overbridge: A paid option for Models Users? Why not?

Why not offer Overbridge as a paid upgrade for Models users? I came out with both great devices (in my humble opinion) around $250-300 under the price of a Digitakt, I’d jump on a chance to get Overbridge for these devices (I’m happy with them, it’s the only “compelling” reason why I’d want to go with a big boy Elektron, but the cost differences… just don’t line up). These are cool pieces of kit for what I’m trying to accomplish, it seems only held back by the software artificially. An Overbridge:Models version that was very basic would even do. What do you think are the odds they’ll ever produce something like that? It appears it’s been a long time since firmware updates, are they basically dead now? Just curious on everyone’s take, I’m a happy new customer, wish I could leverage more software than simply Transfer.

Why not?

Because the USB chipset does not support OB, similar enough reason to why Octatrack does not.

The OT was developed beforehand and it makes sense that even the MKii would use the same embedded platform (you don’t want to rewrite it from the ground up) the Models line were developed around a cheaper platform that also would not support OB.

6 Likes

Overbridge had a paid tier when it first came out, but they abandoned it and made the whole thing free. Guessing it’s unlikely they will go back on themselves. No point if the hardware doesn’t support it anyway.

I don’t think the focus is on the models for now but I had a little chat with the support saying they were looking at adding a pad sensitivity personal profile for a future update…

I do think the models are underused and could be updated to do much more especially now that the digiboxes got a bunch of new toys to play with.

Overbridge coming to them tho…? I don’t think so.

1 Like

Because a paid option for Overbridge in any capacity would receive an intensely negative reaction from everyone and even I would take to the ‘has Elektron lost focus as a company?’ thread

4 Likes