Overbridge 2 not recognizing Rytm MKII on Windows 8

Hi everyone!

New here and looking forward to joining the community.

Hate to start things off with a troubleshooting issue, but here goes:

I recently picked up an Analog Rytm MKII and am at a loss with connectivity to Overbridge. Overbridge control panel does not recognize the hardware. Here are some specs and settings to rule some things out:

OS: Windows 8.1 (I remember reading somewhere that this OS might be unsupported by Overbridge, but I’ve seen some others say it should still work.)
USB Setting on Rytm: Overbridge

Under my device manager, the computer recognizes the Rytm as an unspecified device. I have been able to transfer samples however.

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong, or funky install methods I need to go through?

Cheers and thanks for the help :slight_smile:

I don’t know the answer exactly but I would get off Windows 8.1 ASAP. I just checked system requirements and it says Windows 10, does not mention 8.1 or 7.

2 Likes

Yes, persons are discussing how it is possible… but if there are no absolute reasons to stick with 8, the move to 10 is still recommended for security if this isn’t a relatively “airgapped” device.

I am using windows 7 so I guess I’ve been wasting my time trying to get Overbridge to communicate with the Rytm. I really don’t want to move to Windows 10, I’ve heard so many bad things about it. Mandatory updates, loss of control, old software no longer compatible etc.