Overbridge 2.0 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

After testing for more than a week i have to say it is unusable for me at the moment,. i really hope they can solve this…

Running ableton live 10 on windows 10 with a quad core I7 4770 (which should be sufficient) with 16 gb of ram…

As soon is i load the vst’s my digitakt and rytm II ableton things tend to run out of sync, audio starts crackling. running 1 vst for either the rytm or the digitakt seems ok but more then 1 results in problems…
I also have the digitone and i switched that out of obverbridge mode because turning that on really messed things up, so its seems the vst proccessing is not handled by my computer ( enough cpu power ? ) or something else is wrong…both ableton and elektron cant help me finding the issue …

funny thing is using my keyboard or mouse seems to make things worse ? if i leave them alone things are better ?
So could this be a usb issue ?

funny thing is i also tried this in ableton 9.7 and it works like a charm…so processing power ?

So should i invest in a new computer ? or did i miss anything

also setting the sample rate any ware from 64 to 512 seems to make no difference at all …

It’s not always related to CPU power, but to real-time performance. This can be affected by a lot of things on the computer. Everything from bad wifi/Bluetooth drivers, to things like other software causing interrupts, other devices like mouse, webcam e.t.c

A fresh system is usually also always performing better.

Here are some tools to check your real-time performance and a video explaining it more in detail:

CPU Performance vs. Real-Time Performance in Digital Audio Workstations (DAW):

LatencyMon:

DPC Checker:
https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

7 Likes

anyone?

Yes, if the parameter is higher resolution than 127.

1 Like

M4L LFO though frozen my Rytm when modulating just 1 param (OB GUI knob looks pretty jagged when modulating it). I believe doing this on previous OB didn’t do that. Is this beta thing or this won’t work? @Olle

@Olle. Could you confirm if sampling over USB with the DT works, and what specific settings are needed if so.

1 Like

Yes, just set USB as source in the sample page.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to set Reaper up to stream the individual tracks of the Digitakt into Reaper? I’m not very experienced with Reaper yet… I have Overbridge installed and everything works properly. I can use Overbridge as vst in Reaper and it will respond to my project on the Digitakt. But I can’t figure out how to get the individual Digitakt tracks into Reaper. Checked a couple of threads and videos but couldn’t find the answer. Anyone using Reaper knows how to do this? Thanks!

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked butI couldn’t find anything searching.

I currently run Analog RYTM MKI on OS 1.31B though Overbridge 1.15.0 & Analog Heat MKI on OS 1.02 but I don’t use Overbridge, just audio in and out. Late 2012 iMac on MacOS 10.12, Ableton Live 10.

My current experience with this setup: Overbridge 1.15 works very well on the RYTM, I don’t use any of the vst functionality really, I just use it to stream the audio over usb to free up inputs on my interface, I operate the device 100% from the hardware in other words, when I unplug my RYTM from USB and just use it with headphones, all my projects are still there and work perfectly, they’re not relying on Overbridge.
My experience with the Heat and Overbridge 1.15 were not good, lots of crackling audio & zipper noises no mater the settings so I went back to just using it as an external audio device in Ableton.

I’d like to give Overbridge 2.0 a try with both of these devices but I have two questions:

• Will upgrading the RYTM OS delete the projects I have on it?
  • Will upgrading the Heat OS delete the Presets I have made on it?
  • Can I revert back to RYTM OS 1.131B and Overbridge 1.15 & Heat OS 1.02 if this new setup isn’t to my liking?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the confirmation.

Option #1 (No Digitakt Plug In - Using Digitakt as your soundcard)
go to Options, Preferences, Audio, Device, ASIO Driver [Select Digitakt]
check Enable Outputs, First: [select 1: Main L], Last [select 12: Input R]
Add a track and select your mono input the way you normally would, they’re all clearly labeled.
Right click where you arm the track for recording, select record Output: Mono

I spent all day working out routing audio using this set up from the Digitakt to Reaper, out to VCV Rack, and back into Reaper/Digitakt. All without the Digitakt plug in. After getting this set up to work I looked at the Digitakt plug in and it’s amazing, Reaper gives you envelopes for everything!

I wasn’t sure any of this was going to work, I’m on Windows 7

I’ll spend some time working with the Digitakt plug in tomorrow, try to figure out how to route the audio out from the plug in to individual tracks

Edit: I think I may have it

Option #2 (using the Digitakt Plug In & Soundcard (not digitakt)
-add track 1: Insert Digitakt Plug In, close the plug in window, right click on the track for the routing window, disable master/parent send, set track channels to 20

-add a 2nd track. right click on the track for the routing window, add a new recieve from track 1, at the Audio 1/2 tab select mono source #3 (that should route the “Kick” channel to this track)

-add a 3rd track. right click on the track for the routing window, add a new recieve from track 1, at the Audio 1/2 tab select mono source #5 this time (that should route the “Snare” channel to this track)

-Repeat for the rest of the Digitakt channels, select mono sources 3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17
-19+20 are the Digitakt’s external inputs, they can be sent the same way to a stereo track (yes, it monitors in stereo!), or two individual mono tracks.
-1+2 are the “Main Outs”, on the Digitakt if you go to settings scroll down to System, USB Config, (overbridge mode should be selected, duh), Int to Main OFF, set the pre/post fader to POST
Go back to System, Audio Routing, Route to Main hit keys 1-8 to change from green to red, taking tracks out of the main mix, on Send to FX you can do the same to select if your tracks go through the FX or not, therefor getting recorded or not
Now your 1+2 are monitoring your Digitakt Delay and Reverb

I think that’s it. I hope this helps!
I’m certainly saving a default project,

note:Sync to clock +transport seems warbly and a little glitchy as I think others have mentioned
again, Win& though

2 Likes

Ok good to know. Are there any other settings as nothing seems to happen when I set it to usb…

Thank you for the extensive explanation! I’ve got other machines hooked up to an audio interface, so I’ll be looking into option 2 when I have time. Didn’t expect it to be this complicated to set up, but oh well, if it works it works :slight_smile:

Digitkat user here , overbridge not working for me , I use win 10 64 - tried it on both Cubase 10 and Bitwig - it is blacklisted in both( 64 bit or 32 bit plugins)

the engine runs in the background but nothing else.
I updated the beta firmware.

I’m not sure if Elektron support is actually working right now because of this message:

Please note! We are currently migrating to a new support ticket software. As a result, newly created tickets will therefore not show up in the ticket list when they have been created.

But i’ve recorded my issue with the newest firmware and overbridge, and hopefully someone here knows what the hell is happening

Video

nevermind. fixed it by unloading all samples from RAM.

still, hell of a bug.

and now i have to find and load every single one all over again

Yep, happens to me also on A4 MKII. Tempo and pitch drift every now often.

As it seems, it happens to a lot of people. Hope the team acknowledged that.

Thanks - cool!

Another thing I am not able to figure out:

I have DT+DN now over USB and I only have 2 USB ports - so I had to ditch the USB to my mio10 MIDI router. Can I tell the Digitone to bridge my Keystep into Ableton?

Did a fresh install of windows, completly clean version of ableton, no other plugins but the digitakt and the rytm…no luck…

I checked the latancy with both programs and its all green…used every other trick i could find

1 Like

so Olle asked me to try my A4MKI on a diff computer…and it werked.
which is confusing. both macs, both on the same OS [latest]
the one that werks is my old laptop [mid 2012] the one that it will not werk on is my “newer” iMac [late 2014]

perhaps try yer Rytm on a diff computer if you can. if it werks, report that with a ticket. perhaps there is an issue with certain procs?

im not sure what’s up.

but i sure would like to get my A4MKI werking on my main computer. i don’t really use my lappy anymore.

1 Like