Overbridge 2.0 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

No, I’m running it on Mac. I should also correct myself - I’m using Demo version 2.4.3, not version 2.5 as I previously stated.

1 Like

Ditto, OS X here too.

Search this thread for “disable signature checks”.

1 Like

OB Beta DT standalone working great over here, at 64 buffer, on a 2018 mac mini i7 running mojave.

UAD apollo as interface. While it may be asking too much, I’d love to be able to route the individual tracks to virtual inputs in macOS in standalone mode. (right now can only route master L-R) Can always use a DAW I suppose, but that adds latency.

i have so much material waiting to track out…this is nuts. finally!

1 Like

Thank you!

First in OB Engine system menu, I had to slide the “Safety” slider to 170 as well as increase the buffer range to 512. Then I tried swapping the USB Ports in which the AR & A4 MK2s plugged into on my early 2013 15” MBPr running Mojave. It’s a bit of trial and error with USB 3.0 ports on the computer, I think, but it eventually worked, though it caused my CPU fan to get louder much easier than previously. Then I uninstalled it after a cost/benefit analysis because I already have enough preamp inputs on my audio interface to be putting up with a loud computer fan.

I noticed when disabling all the internal tracks from being routed to the main outputs (wet fx only on main out) this is also reflected on the headphone output. Less than ideal. Are there plans to add like a monitoring toggle for the headphone out?

My Analog RYTM works good so far, but can OB 2.0 record tracks in separate channels in the DAW including its internal FX? I remember in the old OB it didn’t.

On the Digitakt there’s an audio routing in the machine’s menu. You can mute tracks from going to the main output leaving the main stereo pair wet fx only. Not sure if such routing exists in the AR beta firmware yet, or if it’s planned. I would assume all boxes get the routing options though.

2 Likes

I use a AR MK1.

Overbridge works in stand alone perfect.

But Ableton can´t find the dll.

I have found it in my orders and route it right in Ableton but i can´t open it in Ableton =( =( =(

r u 64 bit? i had to rename the dll to Digitakt_x64.dll for it to see it. its stupid but it worked

Ableton can only look for vsts in a single folder. Your OB plugins were probably installed in another default folder. You can solve this by going to your vst folder and there create a shortcut to the folder where the OB plugins are situated. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Well an update on using OB beta w/ DT and MOTU Digital Performer 9.52 - I know DP isn’t officially supported, but thought perhaps it would work since DP is a VST host. I can get plugin to load and control the DT, and the OB busses appear in DP’s “bundles” (the term DP uses for I/O) but no audio gets routed via the VST into the audio system. Again I know it’s not supported but just thought I’d throw it out there that OB2 beta, while showing up in DP’s plugin system, does NOT work. Works fine w/ Ableton on my system, so I know it’s unlikely user error. Hopefully Elektron will support DP when the AU version of OB ships. DP10 is about to be released, and with the addition of Clips and more advanced time warping looks like they are finally working on catering to the electronic minded musician crowd a bit more.

Loosely related question: Is OB a VST3 plugin or just plain VST?

Anyone have any weird jumps whenever your machine runs on Overbridge for awhile? My AR mk1 jumps steps once in awhile.

With my DT the pitch of samples would waver and jump slightly after playing thru OB for a while. Will investigate properly when I get it back from repair.

1 Like

I did, re-done the os update on my Rytm and never happened since

1 Like

Happens to my A4 MK ii once in a while too when playing through overbridge

All installed and ran okay but not seeing device in engine

Hi!,

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the file?, i get stuck halfway through and then a connection error pops up. Is there a mirror for the download?.

thanks

Can I sample my daw into the Digitakt via Overbridge?