Overbridge 2.0 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

Far out! Is it 2020 already? Maaaaaan - how time just fly away!

And yes - Thinking about it, I do understand Elektrons decision to only support windows 10, even though I do find it annoying, that I now have to spend days reinstalling my pc.

Ah well, I knew the day would come. I just didn’t plan on it to be now.

1 Like

I know it boots up faster, but the word is, that several microsoft online “spy-services” are installed with it. Something you don’t want running in the background on you audio system. It makes it harder to figure out where that annoying crackle and pop came from.

But, there’s no way around it now. Did you upgrade or reinstall from scratch? And if you upgraded, did everything work as before the upgrade?

Cheers!

Octotrack MK2?

Unfortunately and very sadly, no Overbridge for OT :frowning:

But we have at least OctaEdit for managing the projects! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, that certainly is far out man.

1 Like

The first time I got running all 3 Devices (Ar mk1 A4 mk1 and Digitakt) with multiple Outputs and multitrack recording all audio coming in.
I am on Win 10 with Ableton 10 an AMDFX 8350 with only 8 Gb Ram. Cpu load only 6% and no glitches.
Next i have to check out how to record midi performance like pattern change , performance makros, mutes and scenes.

Good job Elektron! And thanks a lot for this hq software suite

I used my AR MK1 with OB1 and I’m having the same measurement issues.

Analog heat MK1 and digitakt are working great. I never used those products with OB1.

I think you might be onto something.

I’m going to install OB2 on my work MacBook Pro to see if this hypotheses holds up.

Will report back.

Thanks for your feedback…
OB2 works now after clean Mojave install.
Suspect old kext or something related.

1 Like

Same here: Upgrade to 8 and few months later to 10 worked well, emolying an old sound card as well…
And Overbridge Beta works like a charm.

Ok, so I’m not alone. Care to Inbox me so we could exchange out machine specs and other stuff so that we don’t spam the thread?

Is this just for the beta cos windows 10 is a sin

4 Likes

Anyone tried the Digitone OS1.11_beta with Live? I can’t figure out what is the point of this extras channels? I did an aggregate device with Digitone as long with Digitakt and analog heat, they appear in the preference in Live but then digitone doesn’t work anymore like before, I don’t get the audio anymore and I’ve tried different ways to get the audio and didn’t success at all… Any idea?

Yep, no problem.

I’m getting issues recording a simple stereo out via overbridge with DT. Firstly I seem to have to increase Ableton buffer size much further than usual to avoid pops and clicks, even though CPU at 4%.

Now I’m getting a weird effect which sounds like if you touched a record to slow it down when it’s playing. Anyone else having issues?

EDIT: I’ve tried to record 6 times, but it happens every time. And not in the same place either.

I had echo weirdness - resetting sample rate fixed it (just in case its related).

My sample rate is 44.1. I can’t use 48 as I have 8 ADAT ins on my interface which can only run at 44.1 in this setting.

Do I need to use a specific sample rate?

I don’t think win 7 will be supported at any point.

Not to my understanding, i dont know if DTs internal whatever could result in problems if system is set to something different - but on my system there was some weirdness until i set it to 48k…and trying on a different laptop DT wanted to default to 96k…but i dunno, these things importance and relation elude me…

am i right if i can intall it on win7 but the problem ist that there are no drivers for the devices like analog keys… ?

because i got it (OB) running on win7 but it will not connect to devices …

the usb drivers dont install properly on win8 win7 … maybe 10? idk