Overbridge 2.0 - Clarification on Audio Routing

I’ve had a Digitone and Analog Heat for a few months but I’ve not used Overbridge with them. I tried once but could not get audio to work. Could somebody clarify a few points for me please?

First off, Analog Heat MKII and Digitone are on the lastest OSes. Overbridge is 2.0.17. DAW is Ableton 10.5 on Windows 10.

What I am thinking should work (though I’m not sure HOW it would work like this in Windows) is:

• MIDI track with VST synth in it. We’ll say Dune 3.

• Drop OB Analog Heat plugin just after it like I would Fabfilter Saturn

• Enjoy using Analog Heat slathered all over my Dune 3

With a VST effect like Saturn, audio just passes through it with whatever Saturn is doing to the signal. With OB, I can see audio go in but there’s not output on the meters in OB. The instructions I’ve read say to use the output of your device to route audio. Does that mean use the output of the AH? There are no selectable AH outputs listed in Ableton. The only way there would be is if it were the sound card. I don’t want to use it as my sound card though.

I know the only way I can get two sounds cards aggregated in Windows is to use ASIO4ALL and Jack router (iirc) so my question is this; will OB only work when I aggregate it with my main soundcard OR as the primary/exclusive sound card for Ableton? I don’t really want to have to aggregate things because the latency isn’t great. Like, it’s noticeable when you play a note one the Push. Also, how would you use the Digitone in OB, AH in OB, and my main sound card, Steinberg UR44, at the same time if not for some clunky Jack router configuration? Does OB require that the device being OB’ed be the soundcard as well?

Can someone clarify exactly how to set this up in Ableton in Windows?