Overbridge 2.0.53 for macOS Big Sur - Public Beta

For now everything is fine on my Imac 21k 2017 (Big Sur).
Thanks a lot Elektron !!!

1 Like

Seems to work well for me on an M1 Mac Mini with both a DN and DT. Great to finally have these up and running with Ableton!

4 Likes

W00T! Looking good so far… Initial quick test of multi-track audio works with my DT - Ableton 11 on Mac Mini M1.

Time to get in the kitchen and cook up some beats! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

MacBook Pro, MacOS Big Sur version 11.2.3
AR MKII OS 1.61

The AR plugin works in Logic 10.6.1, but only loads as a stereo plugin instead of multi output. Also the standalone AR app crashes whenever launched.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! I am unable to reproduce this. Using Logic 10.6.1 on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3, I can load any of the Analog Rytm Multi-Out configurations. Are you using a specific Logic project when the AU plugin only loads the stereo configuration? Does the same thing happen in a new Logic project?

The Analog Rytm standalone plugin also does not crash when launched when I attempt. Try closing all other applications and make sure nothing but the Analog Rytm MKII is connected to the computer and let me know if the standalone plugin still crashes then. Connect the USB cable to your Analog Rytm MKII before powering it on. Please also attach a crash report: How to extract logs

1 Like

I think I found part of the issue - Logic only seems to currently load the plugin in Stereo format. If you try to load it in “Multi-Output” format the plugin just hangs. Even still, the Stereo version does not seem to be feeding audio to Logic Pro (I tried routing it to buses, etc, zero signal.) The Stereo version does seem to be working well with Mixbus 32C-6 so far though. I’m guessing Logic Pro compatibility is just quite not there yet.

1 Like

IDK overbridge works ok for me in any mode. Especially in multi output. I have the latest logic

1 Like

I’m not sure whether it’s different for the A4, but it ended up working for me with the Digitakt and Logic. I had the same spinning thing for a bit with the multi out at first but a bit of restarting and fiddling about later it just fixed itself. Is it working standalone for you?

1 Like

Digitone and A4 MK1 in Logic 10.6.1 not working. Plugin loads but A4 gives no audio in to Logic, controls are mirrored. Digitone worked briefly but bad digital distortion on the audio.

1 Like

I had issues with hissing/white noise. It was very loud at some instances! I did the “trick” of going in control panel and toggling the inputs and outputs which for some reason improved it - I can still hear a lower white noise sound whenever any of the overbridge apps are open (control panel and/or rytm app) which is quite annoying.
That said, I’d like to understand if this is something that will be improved, an issue with macOS Big Sur or if I need some specific setup, or go back to using audio cables.

Digitone is not working in Logic 10.6.1

1 Like

The issue with audio streaming some of you are experiencing in Logic 10.6.1 is due to a known regression in Logic. It is unrelated to Overbridge 2.0.53 and the Logic team is working on a fix.

7 Likes

I’m having issue when when loading different project on digitakt and then audio doesn’t work unless I restart logic.

Is it the problem you are talking about ? Thanks

M1 macmini, Big Sur.
Anal Rytm mk1.
Bitwig. 3.2
Overbridge 2.0.53

Output from RYTMmain LR to plug in works. Other outputs appear in multiout plugin but no audio routes to them?

Just to clarify - I’m on windows. If I update my firmware to get the latest bug fixes will I not be able to use OB? Or can I use the current 2.0.47.1 release with these latest firmwares?

You can still use 2.0.47

As stated :

The new firmware versions will work with Overbridge 2.0.47 as well as with Overbridge 2.0.53.

2 Likes

A new project fixed the multichannel issue. And the standalone plugin worked fine when I went to reproduce it with the console log capturing. So another app running was probably the issue. Thanks!

3 Likes

Make sure that you have enabled the channels you want to use in the Overbridge control panel.
Only Main L/R are enabled by default. This configuration is only available for AK, A4 Mk1 & Rytm Mk1 since the total bandwidth for those devices can’t accommodate all channels at once.

3 Likes

Thanks. that did the trick. Had forgotten about having to do that since the last time I used overbridge… back in December…

1 Like

I’m pursuing the test under Logic 10.6.1. It’s better than yesterday, probably due to restarting the computer.

• I’ve managed to record stereo output from the DT to an audio bus.

• The OB plugin is stable (no crashes or freezing so far).

• The clock is very unstable though.

• Yesterday I was able to start and stop Logic from the DN, not today.

• I’m not sure it’s related to this topic, but I’ve managed to send MIDI from the DN to the DAW and back to the DN, using the MIDI tracks (but it’s quite a mess).