Overbridge 2.0.44

Plus cash? Reverb price or legit price?

1 Like

Legit of course!

3 Likes

User of A4 et AR, I have done the mistake to up grade Mac OS on Big Sur. I haven’t read the compatibility pb before. I am little despress lol.
Do you have an idea how long the pb will be there ? Any idea to fix it temporarly ?
I would line to know if it’s some days, some weeks or some months. In order to organize my workflow
Thank you

Should be solved in 2045 (2.0.45). :pl:

1 Like

Great, thank you

the minimum is weeks, possibly months - there will be no announced prediction, so nobody knows - those testing this may have a gut feel for how close it is likely to be to stable, but it won’t be announced until it is released

Ok thank you for your response.
If we need beta test I can help as nothing will work until the official release on my computer.
Apple MacBook Pro + Logic audio pro + Ableton live

2 Likes

Can anyone put up the previous version of Overbridge? I had it working fine with Big Sur by disabling SIP and sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext. It looks like the new version does not have ElektronOverbridge.kext but does not work with Big Sur. Thanks.

My A4 and AR mk1 still no recognized by OB with ableton. Am I the only one? My OS is Windows 10

Hi,

I’m still blocked with this issue. I have a red message in the AR/A4 plugin window " The paired device has an incomptaible OS version. Please shut down your daw etc…"
I have the latest update : A4-> 1.50A AR -> 1.60A OB -> 2.0.44.
Thanks for your help

Did you uninstall OB, restart your computer, install the new OB, restart your computer again?

This installs all of the new plugins too. Seems like the old plugins are not being removed first.

2 Likes

I always delete .dll manually, uninstall OB, reboot, install the new OB, Cut/Paste the new .dll to my Custom Folder and Restart. Never had any issues.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response, I will test that.

1 Like

I’m really disappointed about Elektron. Elektron gives the impression like uuuupppps Apple invented a new OSX and we did not know about it and we were totally surprised of it. I have tested the beta version of Big Sur already in August as it was released for developers in June. Did you hear Elektron for Developers!!! (macOS Big Sur - Wikipedia). I can not understand that a Premium music hardware manufacturer need over a half year and can not even offer a running Beta version Overbridge Big Sur until now. What you are offfering is really a desaster of service and you should think about to leave this market and make place for professionell suppliers. Maybe you have you have a running Overbridge Big Sur ready when 11.7 is released before Apple presents their next generation of OSX :grin:. …That all makes me speechless.

1 Like

In my view, it’s up to the operating system to be backward compatible.
Not to hardware suppliers, they can and usually do, but how do you demand that?
Avoid updating before the drivers and software are ready.
Every time it’s the same Apple changes and their users cry over software and hardware which are generally small teams with much less resources but never question Apple’s policy on this subject. And this is valid in areas other than music.

6 Likes

I have no knowledge of the inner workings of Elektron, the code, etc. but from my own experience as a developer it is not ever as easy as one might hope. I’m sure they would like things to be all ready and perfect just as much as anyone else. Unfortunately that is not always possible.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s time for you to sell your Elektron gear and move on to the professionell suppliers instead.

8 Likes

I get your frustration - it is a pain that it doesnt work with Big Sur, but to be fair to Elektron Apple do change their OS compatibility an awful lot - pretty much every new major OS version breaks a lot of legacy software. There are many music software vendors who dont have compatible software yet so Elektron are not an outlier here… for example ableton live is not yet officially supported and they advise not upgrading to big sur yet…
In this case, I’m completely ok with giving Elektron the benefit of the doubt and saving my ire for Apple…

Isnt the main benefit of Big Sur just new emojis anyway? :slight_smile: (unless you have an M1, in which case lots will be incompatible and have issues)

6 Likes

Amateurs!

Same goes for Native Instruments, AKAI, and the other captains of industry.
All of em! Amateurs.

10 Likes

Maybe NI arent the best example of a company dedicated to long-term support of software (Kore ?) :slight_smile:

3 Likes