Overbridge 2.0.37: tech discussion

got it now, thanks mate!

1 Like

hmm, I searched digitone manual for the word overbridge and did not find this info.

the overbridge manual just says activate usb mode config.

The manual calls out the necessary setting by name.

2 Likes

Latest manual

Page 64

Cā€™mon man.
Information is retained when you do your own research rather than when you are told the answer.
Werk at itā€¦if you are truly stuck and have spent too much time looking and are losing werk hoursā€¦THEN you ask for direction.
Not said in an asshole wayā€¦what I would tell my employees.

Sorry I fucked up I thought it was DT not DN :slight_smile:
(pulls gunā€¦shoots foot)

Guess itā€™s not possible to record notes into the sequencers via overbridge?
have to do it from regular midi way to get it to record

Noā€¦you should be able.
Iā€™m pretty sure. Now you got me questioning myself. But Iā€™m gonna say yes

Cuz when I do, input the DT midi device in the midi tab in Logic.

(Iā€™m gonna check. Damn I hate when I doubt what Iā€™m thinking)

Donā€™t think so, Iā€™ve tried many times. you can check though, I would like to be wrong about this

Getting walk in. Iā€™ll check in a few

1 Like

Ya it totally werks. As I had thought. Iā€™m sure itā€™s in the manual too :relaxed:

If youā€™re using a sound card you gotta make an aggregate device.

My DTs audio in became 23-24 in Logic.
Then on an external midi track input the DT plug in the Inst insert. Set the midi channel I the channel strip to access the sound you want.

I KNEW it werked. I have never put 5pin on my DT but always have 1/4ā€ plugged in. So I had to verify I wasnā€™t doing midi over USB/MIDI. but nopeā€¦itā€™s in OB mode and I recording midi and audio.

so here the MIDI and audio recorded in OB, via USB cable.

I got confused cuz of thisā€¦
I looked at my boxes and had no idea how I was using them ha ha ha.

2 Likes

I use ableton on windows so I donā€™t understand anything you said hahaā€¦
But when I send midi from ableton to the overbridge plugin channel 1 on DT the notes will play no problem but the midi notes Wonā€™t record into the digitakt sequencer for meā€¦

Is that what you are doing but in logic midi notes from logic recording into digitakt Sequencer?

Iā€™m playing the DN with a NI controller.
the MIDI is going from the controller to Logic, from Logic to DN.
If you want that stuff to rec to the DN, the DN has got to be in Rec mode. I hate doing that though. I fuck up a lot and then am forced to dig out the shitty trigs.

so JUST TO BE SUREā€¦
I used the DN trigs to play the DN, while recording MIDI and Audio. Logic received both. then played it back to itself and it played what I recordedā€¦sending MIDI to self while playing back the audio.

finally to test what I think you were asking aboutā€¦
with the same MIDI recorded to Logic from DN, I played it back to DN, with DN in Rec modeā€¦and it recorded the MIDI playing in Logic into the DN sequencer. [its SHITTY doing it that way [for me] cuz I find its easy to make a mess] BUT it werks

is your DT set to Receive and Send notes INT+EXT?
thats in MIDI CONFIG.
Gear > MIDI Config > Port Config > Input From [set to] MIDI+USB
Gear > MIDI Config > Port Config > Output To [set to] MIDI+USB

and make sure your MIDI channel strip in Ableton has the DT insert and that it too is set to the appropriate channel.

thanks boss

my mistake, I was looking at this other manual which doesnā€™t have the info you postedā€¦maybe itā€™s an older version of the manualā€¦

might be nice if the version # was in the front page.

ya I saw that when I just searched with google.
but you get latest on the Elektron site. :+1:t6:

@eangman [hope thats the right person]
perhaps the manuals covers could have a little version number on them?
a-laā€¦little mock-up below :slight_smile:

Google screws shit up by taking you to whatever one it finds first I guess.

2 Likes

Thanks now i can play it in tunes. But now i have trouble to use it with ableton live 10. Yes i can drag the audio captured files to clips. But i canā€™t understand how to use it as plug in and soundcard yet. I need more tutorial.

This is how you set up plugin usage, not mine but itā€™s how it works.
Remember to read the disclaimer.

When using it as a sound card just select it for use in your OS on your computer.

More information on everything is found in https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Overbridge-User-Manual_ENG_OS2.0_200416.pdf

And there are some Ableton templates at https://www.elektronauts.com/files/506

2 Likes

For a while now, you find the OS version and the creation date both in the PDF file name and at the bottom of the intruduction page inside the manual. I sometimes make small fixes or clean up things in the manual between the OS releases so there could be multiple versions of the manual within one release.
As you have noticed, you cant trust Google to point you to the latest version of the manual (we are looking in to trying to fix this on our end.) You should instead always go to the Elektron site and download the manual from there.

3 Likes

Ya I was just telling that to someone.
Your site is really the only spot people should be grabbing the manual to be sure you get latest.

I only suggested the idea, so whatever floating out around on the net has an ID. People mess with file names when they repost stuff too. Tagged on the cover would just obvious to see.
Shit on the net lives forever :confused:

Thanks man

No worries, and thanks for brining it up :slight_smile: I will have a chat with the people who are in change of design and see what they think about versions on the cover.

1 Like

:+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

Thanks!