Overbridge 2.0.37: tech discussion

It seems like i’ve figured out most of it by now. Still struggling a bit with the signal flow. But I’ll get there eventually.

It looks like this Official OB Release didn’t solve my AH mk2 freezing issue. Unfortunately, my AH freezes sometimes. I have to reboot it with the Power button. Never had an issue with the AR mk2, A4 mk2, DT and DN.

Windows 10, Ableton Live 10.

Anyone got tips for AH2 being recognized in the latest Live build and Catalina? ARmki and Digitone function as expected.

Conditional stickers

1 Like

You know the more tickets on an issue heightens it’s priority. 1 report puts it as a low level problem. 100 reports means it’s a show stopper and needs to be addressed.

Laziness is not an excuse for not reporting an issue. Don’t hand it off to the devs to guess. They can’t predict what’s wrong on your end.

You took the time to complain and reply to people trying to help. Take that time and fill out a ticket.

Could be user error in the end. In my case…that seems to happen a lot. Don’t automatically assume it’s a fault of the gear.

I occasionally get a hung note, but it’s because of what I’m doing…never seems like a fault. And it’s generally when I stop the sequencer, which doesn’t affect anything. If I double stop it doesn’t happen.

AAAAAnyways. Make a ticket dude. The more info the devs get, good or bad, helps a lot! :wink:

This solved my initial issue,
Thank you very much!

2 Likes

I’m using Bitwig 3 on Windows 10. The VSTs aren’t loading at all. I only see the dll files in the C:\Program Files\Elektron folder.

I copied those dll files to my custom VST folder and even tried pointing Bitwig at the Elektron folder.

What am I missing?

I can run the Rytm app and updated my firmware. It’s working just not via Bitwig.

I can’t get Overbridge to recognize my digitone on my Mac air.
Latest overbridge and digitone firmware.
Mac OS 10.14.6
uninstalled and reinstalled a few times with restarting.
made a support ticket.

Hi i have the qu3stion about standalone on OB2. After i capture my tracks, how can i play my captured tracks?

Me too, so quiet

After upgraded to the full OB2 release and Os 1.50a my rytm cant be recognized. I am running a macbook pro with High Sierra. It also doesnt work with the OB Beta anymore as i tried different options, but with no success so far, any thoughs about that?

Those are the plugins for overbridge standalone. Leave them where they are and dont point bitwig in there. The ones you want are probably in “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Elektron (64bit)”. You can copy them to your custom folder or point bitwig in there and it should work.

I had to point Ableton there.

Try pressing delete or backspace when having the sample selected in the sample pool list.

2 Likes

is the digitone in overbridge mode?

any usb hubs in the connection?

Captured audio are saved to disk.

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 15.43.57
Click the “open destination folder” link.

2 Likes

hmm, I have not put the digitone in overbridge. Seems to have helped other people sort out the same issue.
now if only I could find out how to do that…
checked digitone manual, nothing about overbridge mode

• Press gear
  • Go down to System
  • USB config
  • USB/Midi or OB, check Ovebridge

Page 64 IN THE MANUAL :confused:

Latest manual :slight_smile:
Elektron site > support > (device) > manual (for latest) ;):+1:t6:

3 Likes

please read the overbridge manual, as it is clearly described there, how to do it… :wink:

edit:
or do as @phaelam pointed out for you and after that read the manual :slight_smile:

1 Like

In each OB enabled boxes manual as well :wink:

1 Like