Overbridge 2.0.35 Public Beta

ok thanks for the qicky reply
becaus im wanted to buy a DAW and at the moment i wantedtu buy Cubase but for me its importen that it works with Overbridge and my AR2 .
So it would be the best decsision to wait a few days ? or isnt it ?

Only Elektron know that but i doubt they can tell you, especially given the circumstances. Best to read the anecdotal feedback from existing cubase users in the various threads. It will imho be many weeks before there are substantial changes or new releases, but that is just a guesstimate. Buy the DAW you want rather than one which is currently suited for OB in any case

2 Likes

Additional Info:

This is using the digitone base model + an arturia keystep and the Overbridge plugin.

Arturia Keystep is controlling the plugin Via Ableton.

The velocity appears to work fine and can be shown in the plugin interface, however whenever I press down to send aftertouch, or use the mod wheel, the pitchbend parameter on the overbridge plugin is set to the lowest possible value.

I can then use the pitch bend strip on the keystep to return the pitch to normal value, however this is obviously not a ā€œuseableā€ workaround! :smiley:

Thanks!

I just noticed that on the rytm MK2 with overbridge the channel 1 : BD was always routed to the plugin despite the fact that its routed to individual out only.
ALl other channels behave as expected.
only the kick is output is both in the channel and the plugin, therefore stopping you from having a wet/dry signal.
A4 MK2 behave as expected, so is the digtone.
AM i missing something ? or does anyone have encountered the same issue ?

thanks

I change patterns from channel 16 and a keyboard :slight_smile: works great

Any logic user that is willing to share the overbridge experience? I have very little experience with daws (except iOS Cubasis) and was considering to get logic as my Desktop class one.

Hello, currently trying to connect everything together to see what happensā€¦

-M-audio M8 as my interface for condensor mic, rhodes, RC505 loop station and OTii
-AK & ARii using overbridge (via the overhub)
-Alesis q49 keyboard/midi controller for software synths.

so farā€¦ its a bit buggyā€¦

the ARii and AK drop out for no reason.
overbridge engine confirms they are on and activeā€¦ sometimes on but idle and impossible to use until a restart, sometimes not even available.

Thereā€™s quite a bit of restarting of logic and of the whole computer. Still not stable by any meansā€¦ but its the closest Iā€™ve been able to get it working for a year or so. I did borrow a friends audio interface and was just recording everything in (old school) but was messing around with the delay a lot and it took all the fun out of my workflow.

Currently sorting an issue with the ARii and AK. When they are both playing, for some reason you canā€™t hear the OT. I think it might have something to do with my settings in Logic (Iā€™m gonna sound stupid but Iā€™m thinking it maybe buffer sizes or sample rates?) (I am more of a musician than a producer but teaching myself)

Ive included the set up below to helpā€¦

Hope this is usefulā€¦

Maybe someone can help me answer a questionā€¦

When I open up activity monitor, its showing i have 3 overbridge engines running at the same time. I force quit one and they all close. Iā€™ve restarted and checked on launch and theyā€™re all there. Am I doing smoothing wrong? is this normal?

mac Mini
2.8Ghz intel core i5
8GB
Mojave 10.14.6
Logic 10.4.8

(I am a logic user)

Thanks for sharing mate!
I think there is still some work to do for AU and logic stuff. Because now Logic has a 30days version trial I will wait for a stable update to activate the trial.

Talking about the engine, in my case there is just one instance of it as expected.
I am running Catalina.
You sure you uninstalled older versions (1.x) or something like that?

Is anyone experiencing audio dropouts when using an Analog Heat MkII with Overbridge? Iā€™m on the most recent version of the beta and up to date with AH firmware. Itā€™s definitely the heat causing it, as as soon as I turn it off, everything is back to normal. Got the Heat and a Model:Samples plugged into a USB port via Overhub, and then my audio interface on the other. The audio dropout is across all channels in the project & on the interface though. Any way around this at all? Thanks in advance for any advice!

On further investigation, itā€™s actually both the M:S and the Heat causing this - when either one is off (or disconnected from USB), then thereā€™s no audio dropout. Is this a problem with overbridge or overhub do people think?

I was going to say when I read your post earlier, try just either one without the hub

1 Like

It seems that I have a driver problem here on Windows 10, maybe someone can help.

I have an AR and A4. Both are on the same USB hub. After installing Overbridge, the A4 has 2 drivers in the device manager (one of them with MIDI in the name). The A4 is recognized by Overbridge and so far working fine.

The AR has only one driver - Microsoft USB audio, not Elektron. It doesnā€™t show up in Overbridge. When uninstalled, the Microsoft driver is installed again automatically. I tried to force the Elektron drivers on it by manually selecting them, tried the one with MIDI, tried the one without - doesnā€™t help, it still doesnā€™t show in Overbridge, and it stays one device where it should be two.

What can I do?

hey there,

So, I turned everything on this morning and there was only one Overbridge engine. So that was a positive.

Iā€™ve changed the buffer size which has seemed to stop other audio problems with things dropping out randomly. Iā€™m guessing maybe I was asking to much from my mac miniā€¦

I think I will probably update to catalina soon. although a bit worried as it might stop everything from workingā€¦ Any one on logic and catalina using the ARii or AK?

I spent about 7 hours today using the AR and AK in logic. If they dropped out (showing ā€œidleā€, sometime ā€œactiveā€ but not as often) Iā€™d just need to turn them off and then on again and they would work. I think I had to restart logic only once or twice.

Soooo nice having them all work even if it is a bit slow until full release.

I thought Iā€™d use the VST moreā€¦ so far in sound sculpting, Iā€™m still using the machine to fiddle with the parameters! I suspect using overbridge to help with making scenes and performances will be a game changerā€¦ time will tell!

I think Apple have made logic free for 90 days during the Corona Lockdownā€¦ FYI! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I probably cant help with any detailed knowledge, but Iā€™m also on win10 with ARmk2 and A4mk2 working in OB 2.0.30.3 One is on a overhub hub, the other on a tplink hub.

In the device manager, under ā€œSound, video and game controllersā€ each are shown twice. Once with just the product name. The 2nd with the product name plus ā€œMIDI 2.9.95.4ā€. In properties, both show the same driver version (ie 2.9.95.4). So Iā€™m guessing seeing these in pairs here is normal.

When I installed OB I first uninstalled completely the previous version. Then I rebooted and made sure nothing showed up in device manager. Then I turned on the elektrons and set them to overbridge mode. Then installed overbridge.

Hope this helps.

In the release notes youā€™ve mentioned that an uninstall is necessary only if my current version is 1.15 or earlier. I am on version 2.0.30.3 and when I am trying to install, I am getting a message saying ā€œOverbridge is already installed. Please use the uninstaller before running the installer again.ā€

Am I getting something wrong?
(MacOs Mojave 10.14.6)

the release notes are a little misleading there. you still need to uninstall previous versions of 2.0.XX as well.

iā€™ve been unistalling previous version, not restarting, installing current version and then restarting. no issues doing it that way here.

1 Like

Thanks!

ha good tip thanks will do that :slight_smile: would be nice if they had a pattern drop-down menu straight in the VST though, if thatā€™s not too much asking!

btw when I turn the individual track volume knob in the VST itā€™s not syncing with the volume value of the DT (and the other way around neither does it), why? thatā€™s the only knob not syncing between VST/DT thatā€™s weird

also do you know if in the VST there is an individual track mute function?

EDIT with pictures
the bd is routed to main out despite being routed to individual out only.
all other channels behave as intended
I did put a ticket

I am pretty sure all is set correctly
It is doing this with a clean kit and a clean project.

anyone facing this ?